Chapter 42

The next morning Riley awoke early and stretched her arms. She was sleeping on the top bunk and looked down at the bottom bunk. Hermione was missing.

Riley yawned and quickly brushed her teeth and changed into one of Harry's flannel shirts and paired it with black pants. She then tied her long hair into a low ponytail.

When she came back from the restroom she saw Harry sitting on his bed pondering. His head snapped up when he noticed her.

"Oh, I didn't realize you were awake too," Harry said as Riley sat on his bed next to him.

"Yeah," Riley smiled.

"Hermione isn't here," the boy who lived noted.

"Yeah, it was hard sleeping last night because all I could hear was her crying," Riley frowned.

"I hope Ron comes to his senses soon," Harry sighed as Riley took his hand and squeezed it.

"Me too," Riley mumbled as she put her head on his shoulder.

Harry's heart fluttered. Every little action she did would have an effect on him.

He looked down at his beautiful girlfriend. Her long, curly blonde hair, her ocean blue eyes, her pink plump lips, and her long lashes.

He remembered in his fifth year when he would constantly stare at her after he broke up with Cho Chang. How he longed to be with her. He remembered how impressed he was when she would slap Draco Malfoy and how she would punch everyone without hesitation. He loved her American accent. The way his name would roll off of his tongue.

He was in love with this girl.

"You're wearing my shirt, darling," Harry chuckled as he gently felt the material of his gray flannel shirt.

"Oh, sorry you can have it back if you want," Riley said as she made an attempt to take the shirt off.

"No, no, I like the way it looks on you," Harry stopped her.

"Oh well I had nothing under this shirt," Riley smirked.

"Oh really well in that case," Harry unbuttoned her shirt and started kissing her deeply.

"You know Hermione could come back at any moment, right?" Harry mumbled between kisses as Riley stood over him with her pupils dilated.

She gripped his jaw tightly making him whimper.

"Does it look like I give a fuck?"

....

Harry and Riley went outside and saw Hermione sitting under a pine tree. The river flowed beside her. It was thick and muddy from the night before's rain.

Hermione's eyes were red and puffy as she clutched her beaded bag in one hand and the golden locket in the other as she sighed.

Noticing Harry and Riley, Hermione stood up wiping her tears, and extended her hand out for the two to take.

Riley studied her friend who looked so sad as she gently laced her fingers through her hand. Harry did the same on Hermione's left.

They disapparated in a whirlpool of darkness and then reappeared on a windswept cliffside.

Their hands broke free as Hermione stumbled backward, sobs racking her body.

Riley immediately went to her friend and embraced her while Harry turned away taking out his wand.

"Salvio Hexia... Protego Totalum," Harry mumbled.

After casting protection charms around the cliff, the three went back to the tent. Harry scoped the perimeter outside of the tent.