Chapter 14

The next day during breakfast Riley came down with Pansy and Millicent but separated to go to the Gryffindor table. 

She noticed how a lot of people distanced themselves from Harry. They sat on the opposite side of the table.

"Hey, everyone," she said taking a seat next to Harry. She noticed that he had a grim expression on his face.

"You okay, Harry?" Riley asked, her eyebrows furrowing with concern.

"I'm perfect," he muttered sarcastically while stabbing pieces of egg into his mouth.

Amira's eyes were wide as she shook her head, begging the girl to not engage in any more conversation with Harry. 

Riley promptly ignored the warning.

"What happened?" Riley poured cereal into her bowl.

"Why do you care?" Harry snapped his head towards her.

Riley frowned and then scoffed.

"There's no reason to get so aggressive, mate," Ron told Harry while pouring a lot of syrup on his pancakes which caused Hermione to scold him

 "I'm your friend, Harry of course I'm gonna care," Riley put her hand on Harry's shoulder. 

"Whatever Seamus was just being a prick and is saying that he doesn't believe me that Voldemort was back," Harry stabbed his fork into his egg making a loud screeching sound.

"That's awful you were literally there!" Riley had the urge to strangle Seamus.

"I know," Harry's shoulders were tense.

"Let me give him a piece of my mind," Riley cracked her knuckles as Noah grabbed her arm stopping her.

"Riles, it's Harry's problem, not yours," Noah was trying his best to control his anger. He was always going to be second best to Riley.

"Whatever," she said as she sat back next to Harry.

"Don't we have Defense against the dark arts right now?" Hazel looked at her schedule. George slung his arm over her shoulders.

"Do you have to go?" George gave her puppy eyes.

"Are you seriously asking me to skip class?" Hazel looked at him in shock.

"Maybe you could play pranks on Filch with us," Fred grinned at her.

"We have that new teacher Professor Umbridge I wouldn't skip she looks mean," Noah said.

"Yeah she was looking at me like I was some kind of bug," Amira frowned.

"Racist bitch," Riley said staring at the woman who wore pink. She was currently drinking tea with her pinky out, a blissful smile on her face.

"Come on we should probably head to class," Hermione collected her books.

"Can we please just skip with Fred and George," Riley whined.

Hermione shook her head as if she was offended that the blonde had even brought that up in front of her.

"No, you're coming with me," Hermione grabbed her arm making her groan.

The whole group went to the defense against the dark arts class and sat down. Riley sat next to Noah which made a small smile come to his face.

Parvati and Padma Patil had made a small paper crane and made it fly with their wands. 

"Aw, it's so cute!" Amira squealed.

Draco slapped the crane making it swerve, resulting in his two goons laughing.