Chapter 52

The Snatchers closed in on the wooden bridge as a fresh volley of spells laced through the night.

Riley watched them with terror as she clutched her wand. Neville had a matching expression on his face. Seamus crossed his arms.

Rockets of spells hit the magical shield and the sky rippled like water.

Suddenly a thump was heard as a Snatcher ran towards the shield with his teeth bared and bounced back immediately.

One after one the Snatchers ran towards the barrier and bounced back.

A smile bloomed on Riley's face. 

"In your face hahaha!" Riley chanted as she danced in a circle making Neville laugh.

"Ha! Ha!" Neville whooped as the leader of the Snatchers, Scabior eyed the two warily.

"Yeah, oh yeah," Riley danced aggressively and almost fell.

"Careful," Seamus laughed as he caught her, his arms snaking around her waist securely and then pulling her back to safety.

"Yeah! You and whose army!" Neville bellowed hoarsely. He grinned and raised his wand in the air letting out a triumphant whoop.

Riley was loving this new Neville; he was confident in his own skin which Riley was extremely proud about.

He accidentally shot a large blast into the sky.

"Holy shit!" the blonde American screamed.

"Woah! Easy up there!" Seamus yelled as he was covered with ash.

"Oh my god, Seamus!" Riley clapped a hand over her mouth and started laughing until her lungs hurt.

"Sorry, Seamus, ow," Neville mumbled as he rubbed his elbows.

....

Meanwhile back at the castle, Ron and Hermione reached the snake's hatch that barred the Chamber of Secrets.

Ron took out his wand while the brunette girl watched his actions subtly.

"Take me inside," Ron spoke in Parseltongue shocking Hermione.

"How did you do that?" she demanded.

"Harry talks in his sleep. Haven't you noticed?" the redhead asked.

"No. Of course not," Hermione breathed.

The hatch swung open and the two made their way down the cavern. Bones snapped beneath their boots like fish scales.

They reached a low wall of rocks. Back in second year, Ron remembered vividly being trapped behind the wall while Harry went to rescue Ginny and fight off the basilisk. He remembered how useless he felt and how he desperately wanted to help his little sister.

"I've never got this far before," Ron stopped in his tracks.

"I'm scared," Hermione whispered.

"Me too," Ron agreed.

The younger Weasley stared at her and then bravely stepped into the bigger cavern. It was lined with large stone serpents on each side. Salazar Slytherin's face was in stone at the front of the cavern.

"I didn't expect it to be like this," Hermione admitted.

"What did you expect it to be like?" the redhead questioned.

"Not this," the brunette responded as her eyes darted around the chamber in front of her.

....

Harry went down a corridor that was dark and full of shadows. He thought about the wizard war that was about to occur.

How many people will die because of me? How many people are going to lose the people they love because of me?

His mind strayed off to Riley, his beautiful girlfriend who was going to fight her hardest for him. His friends. His mentors and teachers. People he didn't even know, all fighting for him.

He turned a corner and was met by a beautiful ghostly figure. 

Helena Ravenclaw.

"It's you," he muttered as she drifted towards him eerily.

"You're the Grey Lady, the ghost of Ravenclaw Tower," Harry's green eyes flashed with curiosity.

"I do not answer to that name," Helena said angrily as she turned away from the boy who lived.

"I'm sorry. It's Helena, isn't it? Helena Ravenclaw. Rowena's daughter. Luna told me," Harry apologized as the woman faced him again, suspicion in her eyes.

"Are you a friend of Luna's?" Helena cocked her head to the side.

"Yes. She thought you might be able to help me," the chosen one said.

"You seek my mother's diadem," Helena replied casting her eyes downward, a sad look ghosting her pale face.

Harry stopped walking and looked at her with a shocked expression.

"Yes! That's right-" Harry's excited burst was cut off.

"Luna is kind. Unlike so many of the others, but she was wrong. I cannot help you," Helena spoke sadly as she floated away,

The explosions boomed outside and the room shook. Harry was desperate. He needed to end this war. He needed to kill Voldemort. He needed to be with Riley.

"Wait! Please!" the boy who lived urged as the beautiful ghost paused again.

"Many have sought my mother's diadem. Its powers are legendary," Helena's voice quavered.

"But I don't care about its powers! Honestly! I don't seek it for myself! You have to believe me!" Harry spoke desperately as Helena drifted away once more.

"I want to destroy it," he said as she looked back at him and studied him.

"That's what you want, isn't it, Helena? You want it destroyed," Harry had her hooked.

"She thought I took it to hurt her. But I only wanted to be more like her, clever and wise. She wore it so beautifully, but on me... I grew to hate it... the pain I felt... the pain I feel even now," she looked sad.

"I'll end your pain, Helena. Tell me where it is and I'll destroy it, I swear, on my mother's memory-" Harry was interrupted once again.

"Another swore to destroy it, many years ago, a strange boy with a strange name," Helena looked outside at the chaos that ensued.

"Tom Riddle," the boy who lived stated.

"But he lied," Helena shivered.

"He's lied to many people," Harry took a step back as her eyes blazed with anger and her mouth curled into a horrible sneer.

"I know what he's done! I know who he is! He defiled it! With dark magic!" Helena spat as she regained her calm composure once again.

"Yes. That's right. But I can undo that, Helena. I can destroy it once and for all. But only if you tell me where he hid it. You know where he hid it, don't you, Helena? You just have to tell me. Please. Trust me," Harry was inches away from her as she looked into his eyes.

"Strange... you remind me of him a bit...It's here. In the castle. In the place where everything is hidden..." she said as the booming sounded again.

Harry stared at her clearly baffled.

"If you have to ask, you'll never know. If you know, you need only ask," Helena continued.

Harry's expression slowly changed to one of knowing as he started backing away.

"Thank you...thank you," he said as he ran off.

....

That was chapter 52! Have a fantastic day everyone!

xx Asiya

only angel- harry potterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें