Chapter 49

The frame of Ariana's painting swung open revealing a scarred Neville Longbottom and Hazel Lockwood.

Riley jumped into Hazel's arms.

"Oof, Riley!" Hazel laughed.

Riley missed that laugh. Riley missed her. Her beautiful curly locks of hair, her brown eyes, and her sweet smile.

"I've missed you so much," Riley mumbled.

"I missed you too, Riles," Hazel sighed.

She buried her head in the crook of Hazel's neck and tears flowed on her cheeks.

"I knew you'd come! I told them all! Harry Potter would never abandon Hogwarts!" Neville cheered.

Riley jumped out of her friend's arms and took a look at her.

She had a long scar on her right cheekbone that bled and her brown skin was tainted with dirt. Her clothes were torn.

Neville also sported a similar look with his long hair, swollen eye, and ripped clothing. He had also gotten more taller and muscular.

"Neville, you look..." Harry started.

"Like hell? I reckon. This is nothing. Seamus is worse. You'll see. Hermione! Ron! Riley!" Neville embraced them all.

"Nice to see you, Neville," Riley grinned.

"You too," Neville ruffled her hair making the blonde squeal with delight.

"Alright, alright," Harry rolled his eyes and took Riley's hand pulling her away from the other Gryffindor.

"Hey, Ab. There might be a couple more people on the way," Hazel told Aberforth who nodded.

"Well? Ready?" Neville asked.

He led the group down a passage.

"So how's George?" Riley asked her best friend.

"I don't know I haven't heard from him since Bill and Fleur's wedding. I mean it makes sense," Hazel shrugged her shoulders but she had a sad expression on her face.

"Aw it's okay, baby," Riley gave her a side hug.

"I don't remember this being on the Marauder's Map," Ron said.

"That's because it never existed till now. The seven secret passages were sealed off before the start of the year. This is the only way in or out now. The grounds are crawling with DeathEaters and Dementors," Neville explained.

"How bad is it? WithSnape as Headmaster," Hermione asked Hazel and Neville.

"I mean to be honest we never really see him. It's mostly the fucking Carrows," Hazel clenched her fists.

"The Carrows?" Harry questioned.

"They're siblings and they're in charge of punishment here," Hazel gestured to the long gash on her cheek and Neville's bruised eye.

"Lovely people," Neville smirked.

"They did that to you? But why?" Hermione looked scared.

"Today's Dark Arts lesson had us practicing the Cruciatus Curse. On First Years. I refused. Hogwarts has changed," Neville spoke.

"Damn, that's messed up," Riley whistled.

The others looked shocked.

"Don't be sad guys it's nothing new," Hazel let out a light chuckle that sent shivers down Riley's spine.

"And the thing is, it helps when people stand up, gives everyone hope. I used to notice that when you did it, Harry. C'mon, we're almost there," Neville motioned them forward.