Chapter 48

Riley felt like she was flying. Her arms were spread out as the dragon continued to soar through the air. It was cold and the others clung to each other to keep warm.

"We're dropping!" Harry suddenly yelled snapping Riley out of her trance.

The scaly dragon started circling and started flying lower and lower towards a shimmering blue lake.

"What are we gonna do?" Riley asked worriedly.

"I say we jump," Ron yelled over the roar of the wind.

"When?" Hermione breathed as she clung to Ron.

"NOW!" Harry screamed as the four leaped off of the dragon and dropped like stones into the lake with loud splashes.

When Harry was in the water visions swarmed through his head. His scar burned.

Voldemort was angry and he was slashing angrily at goblins and guards at Gringotts.

Harry's body twisted underwater and Riley watched from a distance clearly terrified. She didn't know what to do.

Nagini slithered on the floor of the bank which was smeared with blood and dead bodies.

Riley dragged up Harry's body to the surface so that his head bobbed on the surface. He coughed violently while Riley pat his back.

Blood spilled out of a guard's eyes as Lucius, Narcissa, and Draco Malfoy surveyed the dead bodies in stunned silence and fear. Bellatrix Lestrange stood near them with her lips parted as she watched Voldemort's movements.

Voldemort was staring at the Elder wand in his bony hands as blood pooled by his robes.

"The boy has discovered our secret, Nagini. We must find out just how much he knows. We must return to our hiding places and see if the others are safe," Voldemort told Nagini who slithered beside him.

Images flashed in Harry's head.

Tom Riddle's diary. A ring with a black stone. An old woman with black teeth opened a box revealing a cup with the Hufflepuff crest. Hogwarts. A younger, beautiful woman who looked sad and ghostly who stood next to an older woman who seemed to be her mother. A tiara that had the Ravenclaw eagle on the crown's detail. 

The vision of Voldemort returned and he was petting Nagini.

"And you, my friend, must stay close..." the dark lord said.

From the corner of the room stood a bloodied Griphook who clutched the sword of Gryffindor that suddenly disappeared.

"Harry! Harry! Are you alright?" Riley called as Harry finally heard her voice.

She was holding him with her hair damp. She was shivering.

"Yeah, I'm alright darling where are Ron and Hermione?" Harry asked as he looked around and the two's heads popped out of the water.

The group crawled up to the shore.

"He knows," Harry looked at the group with his chest heaving.

The other three all glanced at Harry dripping wet.

"Who knows what?" Riley questioned.

"You-Know-Who. He knows we brokeinto Gringotts. He knows what we took. He knows we're hunting Horcruxes," the boy who lived was out of breath.

"How is it you-" Hermione was cut off.

"I saw him," Harry pointed to his scar.

"You let him in! Harry, you can't!" Hermione scolded.