Chapter 36

Over the summer, Riley's parents were worried.

They were worried about their only daughter's safety at Hogwarts.

"Dad! Those are my friends I'm not leaving them!" Riley screamed at her parents.

Riley was arguing with her parents on whether or not she would go back to Hogwarts for her seventh and final year.

"I am your father and I can do whatever I want," Mr. Madden wagged a finger at his daughter.

"Riley honey you have to understand we're trying to protect you," Riley's mother said in a calm voice while her husband and her daughter glared daggers at each other.

"NO! Mom, Harry is my boyfriend and I am not just gonna sit here while everyone is fighting. I wanna help them," Riley yelled at her parents.

Her mother flinched while her father's eyes went wide.

"Riley Marie Madden you listen to me. I am your father and you will NOT go back to Hogwarts. End of story," Mr. Madden turned away from his daughter whose eyes glowed red.

"I hate you," Riley gritted her teeth as her eyes filled with tears.

Her father's strong demeanor faltered for a second.

"When you're older you'll thank me. I'm sorry you hate me Riley but this is for your own good," Riley's dad turned away.

Riley started crying putting her head in her hands.

Riley's mom ran up to her daughter and hugged her.

"Are you on his side for this, Mama?" Riley looked at her mom as her lip trembled.

"No, I believe that you should help your friends, sweetie. I'm gonna talk to your father about this. If he does let you go I want you to be safe. I'm not a wizard but I know there is something strange going on," Mrs. Madden kissed her daughter's forehead.

"Thank you, Mama," Riley cried as she put her head into the crook of her mom's neck.

"I'm gonna talk to Hazel's moms and Mr. Weasley about this because I want to know their point of view but for now honey just wait. I know you want to help your boyfriend but I need you to wait," Mrs. Madden put her hands on her daughter's shoulders.

"I love you, mom," Riley told her.

"I love you too and I hope you forgive your dad. He just wants the best for you, dear," her mother stroked her cheek gently.

"I will it'll just take some time," Riley looked down at her red converse shoes.

"I'm very proud of you, Riley. You've become a beautiful, strong, and independent girl. You know what you want and you strive hard for it. You've grown up," Mrs. Madden smiled and cupped her daughter's cheeks.

Riley hugged her mom one more time before going into her room.

She looked at the photos on her wall.

Photos of her friends.

Her and Amira and Hazel and Noah. Her, Luna, Hermione, and Ginny. Her and Harry.

She was going to help them. She was going to help them no matter what. If her father said no to her she would find a way to go to them and fight off Voldemort.

She looked at the letter she had gotten from Harry the summer before. It was hung up on her wall surrounded by heart stickers.

He was her everything and she loved him so much.

Riley plopped herself on her bed. A framed polaroid of her, Amira, and Hazel sat on her nightstand.

Riley took out her Walkman and pressed play, making the Spice Girls shoot through her ears.