Chapter 44

That evening, Riley laid down in Harry's lap on his bunk. Ron sat next to them. They all warmed their hands by the bowl of flames.

"I've always liked it. These flames Hermione makes," Ron said as he wistfully watched Hermione who was outside taking watch.

Harry nodded acknowledging that he had heard the redhead but his attention was on pleasing his girlfriend who was closing her eyes because his hand was threading through her long blonde hair.

"How long you reckon she'll stay mad at me?" Ron asked the two of them.

"Keep talking about that little ball of light touching your heart... she'll come around," Harry laughed as Riley got out of his lap and swatted him.

"Hey! I thought that was really sweet," Riley smiled winningly at the Weasley.

"It was true. Every word," Ron grinned back at her.

"You're going to think I'm mental, but I think that's why Dumbledore left it to me... the Deluminator. I think he knew that at some point I'd... need to find my way back. And she'd lead me," Ron fished through his backpack.

"Bloody hell. I just realized. You need a wand, right?" he questioned Harry.

"Yeah," the boy who lived replied.

"Well, I've got one. Here. It'sBlackthorn, ten inches, nothing special, but I reckon it'll do. I took it off a Snatcher a few weeks back," the redhead handed the wand over to Harry who examined it.

"Don't tell Hermione, but they're a bit dim, Snatchers. This one was definitely part Troll. The smell of him..." Ron whispered to the two.

Riley clapped a hand over her mouth and snorted.

"Are you serious?" she laughed.

"Yeah," Ron chuckled as Harry ignored the two and pointed his wand at the bowl of flames in front of them.

"Engorgio," he mumbled as the flames in the bowl flared massively making the three jerk back in fear.

"Oh my god, put it out, Harry! Put it out!" Riley commanded as she hid behind him.

"Reducio!" Harry yelled as the flames subsided.

"What's going on in there?" Hermione asked from outside.

"Nothing!" the three said in unison.

"Maybe a bit more practice, eh?" Ron nudged Harry.

"Or maybe don't. I don't want to be killed," Riley smirked at her boyfriend who shoved her playfully.

"We need to talk," 

The three looked at the front of the tent where Hermione stood gripping the Life and Lies of Dumbledore book.

"All right," Ron spoke.

"I want to go and see Xenophilius Lovegood," the brunette stated ignoring Ron and staring at Riley and Harry.

"Why?" Riley asked.

"See this? It's a letter Dumbledore wrote to Grindelwald. Look at the signature. It's the mark again," Hermione walked up to them.

Dumbledore replaced the A in Albus with the triangular eye.

"This keeps popping up. In your book, Hermione, the Beedle and the Bard. In the graveyard in Godric's Hollow," Riley paused when she saw Harry pondering.

"It was there too," Harry breathed.

"Where?" Riley asked.

"Outside Gregorovitch's wand shop on the alley wall," Harry told her.