Chapter 31

The peaceful ambiance of the Burrow embraced them, free from the burdens of schoolwork and drama, creating a sense of tranquility.

The house was adorned with festive Christmas decorations, featuring a grand tree in the living room illuminated by colorful lights. Presents patiently awaited their turn beneath the tree, while paper snowflakes with the names of the Weasley family hung delicately from the ceiling.

Hazel reveled in her reunion with George, their bond inseparable, just like Harry and Riley. 

Harry and Riley shared endless conversations and affectionate kisses, their relationship stronger than ever. 

Mrs. Weasley even took the time to teach them how to bake cookies, although Harry ended up with dough scattered all over him, much to Riley's amusement.

On starlit nights, the two would lie together, seeking warmth under a cozy quilt lovingly crafted by Mrs. Weasley. 

Whenever the two were in passionate kisses, Ron would always stumble upon them, demanding to "cleanse" his eyes, even though there was nothing that scandalous to witness.

"Please, didn't you lose your virginity to Lavender Brown?" Riley quipped, crossing her arms as she stood up from Harry's lap, directly facing Ron.

Harry couldn't contain his laughter, while Ron's face flushed a deep shade of crimson.

"I-I... uh, well... I'll leave you two to it then," Ron stuttered, hastily slamming his bedroom door shut, leaving the couple to continue their affectionate exchange as Riley climbed back into her boyfriend's lap.

The couple had even had the sex talk. Both of them were virgins and when Riley was talking about them in the future. Harry, on the other hand, felt a wave of embarrassment wash over him, a blush creeping onto his cheeks. While they both felt ready, they wanted to make sure that the timing was right.

Riley missed Hermione though and her wittiness. She wished that she and Ron would get over this rough patch. 

Lavender was a kind person and Riley just wished that Hermione would understand that and not label her as a "boyfriend stealer." She even secretly wished that maybe the two girls could even become friends.

Inside the warm embrace of the Burrow on Christmas Eve, Harry found himself in the company of Lupin, his former professor from three years ago, and Tonks.

Meanwhile, Riley busied herself in the kitchen, assisting Mrs. Weasley in preparing the dinner. Hazel joined her, preparing Ron's favorite dessert, a delectable lemon meringue pie.

"Voldemort has chosen Draco Malfoy for a mission?" Lupin scoffed as Tonks looked at him warily.

"I know it sounds mad," Harry responded, running a hand through his unruly hair.

"Has it occurred to you, Harry, that Snape was simply pretending to offer Draco help so he could find out what he was up to?"  Lupin questioned the raven-haired boy, his tone calm and collected.

"Ginny!" Mrs. Weasley called as a groan was heard from upstairs.

 Soon, Ginny stomped down the stairs, her face etched with anger, and her wet hair evidenced by her interrupted shower.

"That's not what it sounded like," Harry mumbled.

"Perhaps Harry is right, Remus. I mean, to make an Unbreakable Vow—" Tonks chimed in.

"It comes down to whether or not you trust Dumbledore's judgment. Dumbledore trusts Snape, therefore, I do," Lupin's voice raised an octave higher. 

"Dumbledore can make mistakes. He said so himself," Harry argued.