Chapter 34

The group sat in the Gryffindor common room while Harry chugged his vial of Liquid Luck.

"Well, how do you feel?" Hermione asked him once he had put the vial down on the table.

"Excellent. Really excellent," Harry had a large smile on his face as he suddenly lifted Riley into the sky and twirled her.

Her heart beat fast as she stared down into the green eyes of her lover.

The white skirt she was wearing flew. She was also wearing a blue and white checkered sweater.

"WHEEEE!" Riley screamed as Harry kissed her cheeks.

"Remember, Slughorn usually leaves early, takes a walk, and then returns to his office," Hermione reminded him as he put Riley down.

Both of their faces were flushed from excitement.

"Right. I'm going down to Hagrid's," Harry said confidently as he gave Riley a quick kiss on the lips and made his way outside.

"What? He's acting like he's drunk," Hazel looked confused as the chosen one had a wide grin plastered.

"I like drunk Harry," Riley smiled mischievously at her boyfriend.

"I like you too boop," Harry poked her nose making her giggle.

"What? No, Harry, you've got to go to speak to Slughorn. We have a plan," Hermione demanded.

"I know, but I've got a really good feeling about Hagrid's. I feel it's-it's the place to be tonight. Do you know what I mean?" Harry looked at his friends.

"No," Hermione and Ron said in unison.

"Well, trust me. I know what I'm doing. Or Felix does," Harry replied as Riley snorted at his strange behavior. 

He walked up to Riley and cupped her face and kissed her one more time 

"Sorry I can't help it, you just look so pretty in that sweater," he spoke in a hushed whisper before exiting the room.

Riley's cheeks were coated with a pink tint at his sweet words.

"Hi!" he said happily to Ginny and Dean who just came into the common room.

"Is he okay?" Ginny asked.

"Nope, he's acting like he's high," Riley laughed.

Harry went down to the greenhouse because he also had a good feeling about that place as well.

"Merlin's beard, Harry!"  Professor Slughorn looked exasperated as he entered the greenhouse surprised by Harry's appearance.

"Sorry, sir. I should've announced myself. Clear my throat. Coughed. You probably thought I was Professor Sprout?" the boy who lived said quickly.

"Definitely. What makes you think?" Slughorn asked while picking a spiky-looking leaf from a bush.

"Ah well, just your general behavior, sir. Just sneaking around, jumping when you saw me. Are those tentacular leaves, sir?" Harry nodded to the spiky leaf in Slughorn's palm.

"Yes," the older man admitted.

"They're very valuable, aren't they?" Harry questioned.

"Ten galleons a leaf to the right buyer. Not that I'm familiar with any such back-alley transactions but one does hear rumors. My only interests are purely academic," Slughorn said honestly.

"I mean, personally, these plants always kinda freak me out," Harry laughed.

"Exactly how did you get out of the castle, Harry?" the potions professor took a closer look at Harry.