Chapter 40

Riley laid on her back on a bed of twigs and leaves. Above her, sunlight streamed through a canopy of trees.

Wincing, Riley stood on her elbows and stood up facing Harry who had also gotten up.

"Do you have the locket?" Harry asked her as she nodded and took off the golden locket and handed it to him.

"Harry, quickly, in my bag, there's a small bottle labeled Essence of Dittany," Hermione yelled at Harry with panic evident in her voice.

The two wheeled around looking at Hermione who was crouched over Ron's twitching body.

"Fuck," Riley mumbled as she clapped a hand over her mouth looking at the Weasley's body.

"Quickly!" Hermione yelled as Harry blinked and then stumbled dizzily to Hermione's bag. Riley joined him to help look for the bottle.

"Accio Dittany!" Riley tapped her wand on the bag causing a small brown bottle to leap into her palm.

"Unstopper it," Hermione told them. Her hands were stained with blood.

The two of them ran over to Ron's body.

Hermione ripped open Ron's shirt which was soaked with his own blood. The flesh of his upper arm was flayed and it looked like someone had scooped a part of it away.

"Hermione. His arm," Harry's eyes widened.

"Just do it!" Hermione had tears in her eyes as Riley immediately uncapped the bottle and handed it to Hermione who sprinkled three drops on his wound making green smoke billow around the redhead.

"What happened? I thought we were going back to Grimmauld Place?" Harry questioned as Riley recalled the door to the Order of the Phoenix headquarters while Yaxley tried to follow them.

"We were. We were there. But Yaxley had hold of me. I knew we couldn't stay once he'd seen, so when he let go I brought us here. Ron got Splinched. I'm... sorry," Hermione had tears streaming down her face as Riley put a comforting hand on her shoulder and squeezed it gently.

"It's not your fault, you did the right thing," Riley rubbed her back gently as her friend sniffled into her shirt

The smoke around Ron's wound cleared. There was no more blood on his arm.

"It's all I feel safe doing," Hermione sighed as she stood up.

"Yeah I wouldn't trust me with medical shit," Riley joked trying to lighten up the situation.

Hermione took out her wand and started walking in a wide circle.

"Salvio Hexia... Protego Totalum," she muttered raising her hands up.

"What're you doing?" Harry called.

"She's casting protective spells," Riley answered.

"Oh," Harry looked dumbfounded.

"Your so cute and stupid," the blonde American laughed as Harry gently shoved her.

"I don't fancy another visit like what we had on Shaftesbury Avenue, do you? Especially with Ron like this. You can get going on the tent," Hermione said as she continued to cast protective spells. Her expression was still serious as she was still worried about Ron's state.

"Tent? Where am I supposed to find-" Harry was interrupted by Riley aggressively shaking Hermione's bag.

She had a large grin on her face making him chuckle.

"Hermione is one smart bitch I'll tell you that,"

....

The tent glowed from within under the starry night that evening.