Chapter 17

As Riley and Neville strolled side by side towards the Great Hall the following day, Professor Umbridge's voice pierced through the air, revealing a new rule. 

"Henceforth, all student organizations shall be dissolved," she proclaimed, her words resounding with authority. "Any student found in violation of this rule shall face expulsion."

Riley continued walking and muttered, "What a bitch."

Neville glanced at her and hesitated, saying, "Um, yeah, I suppose, but that's quite a strong word, Riley."

Riley shrugged nonchalantly and replied, "Well, I guess you're right."

Suddenly, Crabbe and Goyle forcefully collided with Neville.

"Watch where you're going, Longbottom," Goyle snapped while Crabbe burst into laughter.

"Pay attention and watch where you're going, you disgusting idiots!" Riley yelled at the two buffoons, causing them to scurry away when she took out her wand.

Meanwhile, Neville walked away, his shoulders slumped dejectedly.

"Neville! Hold on!" Riley gasped, catching up to him as he halted near a door covered in thick ivy that had appeared out of thin air. 

"Whoa, what's this?" The blonde gazed up at the door in wonder.

"I'm not sure," Neville murmured, and to their surprise, the door swung open.

"Wait, we have to inform everyone about this! It could be the perfect room for our practices!" Riley exclaimed excitedly, rushing off towards the Great Hall.

Rushing over to the Gryffindor table, she gasped for breath, struggling to speak.

"Guys," she wheezed, her face flushed and blotchy.

"Take a moment to catch your breath, Riles," Amira said, her gaze fixed on Riley's reddened countenance.

"Okay, so Neville might have discovered a room we can use for our meetings," the blonde American managed to say, prompting the entire Gryffindor table to rise with excitement.

"I'll go inform the Hufflepuffs right now!" Amira declared, dashing off toward the Hufflepuff table.

"I'll let the Ravenclaws know," Noah stated, walking purposefully toward the blue-clad table.

Once everyone had been alerted, the group exited the Great Hall and made their way to the spacious room.

"You've done it, Neville. You've discovered the Room of Requirement!" Hermione exclaimed, her eyes scanning the surroundings.

"The what?" Ron inquired, looking puzzled.

"I believe it's also known as the Come and Go Room," Hazel chimed in.

"Yes, you're right Hazel, the Room of Requirement only appears when a person has real need of it. And it's always equipped for the seeker's needs." Hermione explained.

The room suddenly brightened, revealing a large fireplace at its center.

"So say you really needed the toilet," Ron smirked at Hermione, who responded with an eye roll.

"Charming, Ronald. But, yes, that is the general idea," 

"It's brilliant! It's like Hogwarts wants us to fight back," Harry exclaimed, a gleam of joy in his eyes as he surveyed the gathered crowd.

His gaze lingered on Cho Chang, causing a twinge of disappointment in Riley as she noticed the faint blush on Cho's cheeks.

"Alright, everyone, line up!" Harry declared, prompting the group to rearrange themselves into a single, large line.