Chapter 39

The next day, the new Minister of Magic was announced. It was Pius Thicknesse, one of the Deatheaters at Malfoy Manor. Next to him stood a woman dressed in all pink. Umbridge.

Thicknesse stood in front of a crowd of Minister workers.

"As your new Minister for Magic, I promise to restore this temple of tolerance to its former glory. Therefore, beginning today, each employee will be required to submit themselves for evaluation. But know this: You have nothing to fear... as long as you have nothing to hide," the new Minister smiled as a gang of dark wizards brought in a bloody man.

Umbridge let out a small giggle.

It was September first and Hazel was going back to Hogwarts.

She missed Riley dearly and she hoped she, Harry, Hermione, and Ron were okay.

At the moment she sat on the Hogwarts Express with Neville, Ginny, and Luna. The train had stopped because some Deatheaters decided to hijack the train.

The Deatheaters moved past the aisles passing Seamus and Lavender and Dean.

"My father will hear about this," Cormac stood up following in Draco Malfoy's footsteps.

As they continued to walk, Neville stood up stopping them in their tracks. Hazel sent them a glare.

"He's not here, you fools," Neville smiled defiantly.

Meanwhile back at the Order of the Phoenix headquarters, Ron fiddled with the radio which whistled eerily. Harry was sitting up examining the golden snitch he had gotten from Scrimgeour while Riley had her head on his lap. The wings of the snitch flapped slowly.

"They have flesh memories," Hermione spoke eyeing the snitch.

"Woah that's cool," Riley yawned.

Harry turned to look at his best friend.

"Snitches. They're never touched by bare skin until the Seekercaptures it. Even the wizard who fabricates it wears gloves. That way, if there's a dispute, the snitch can identify who first touched it," Hermione explained.

"You mean... it remembers me?" Harry asked.

"When Scrimgeour first gave it to you, I thought it might open at your touch-that Dumbledore had hidden something in it," Hermione sat in front of him.

Harry pondered this for a second staring at the snitch and then a crash was heard from the kitchen as everyone immediately shot up at the source of the noise.

Shadows spilled from a door resulting in pots crashing.

A tiny wet and ragged figure tumbled into view banging into the wall opposite and scrambled up.

"Dobby!" Harry smiled.

"Harry Potter! So long it's been-" Dobby started but was interrupted by Kreacher grabbing him by the neck pulling the eager house-elf back.

Kreacher, Dobby, and Mundungus Fletcher tumble from one side of the kitchen to the other. As they fly apart, Mundungus rolls to his feet, dripping wet, wand flashing.

"Expelliarmus!" Riley bellowed as Mundungus's wand soared into the air into her hand.

"You beat me to it," Hermione grinned at her friend.

Riley smirked victoriously. She liked to be one step ahead of Hermione.

"As requested, Kreacher has returned with the thief Mundungus Fletcher!" Kreacher stated.

"Dobby has also returned with the thief Mundungus Fletcher!" Dobby looked eager with his large eyes the size of tennis balls.

"What are you playing at? Setting a pair of bleeding house-elves on me!" Mundungus spat.