#9 Demons

"How's Reid?" Morgan asked as you walk in. JJ answered "He's still in surgery." You didn't want to have to answer that question again. Morgan started getting up, "No! What are you doing?" Pen yelled at him, but in her maternal voice. You stood at the end of the hospital bed leaning on the wall with your arms folded. 

"You can bet your ass I'm not gonna just sit around here! Guys, come on, get me out of here." Morgan said still trying to get out of the bed. "Actually you are. Just hang on a second. Just until we figure out what's what. Cruz said looking at Hotch. You still were on the wall thinking about what to do. "The three victims inside were dead before the shooting started. Lividity had set in and there was no blood splattered." Responded Hotch. "They weren't killed there." You stated deciding to walk over to the bed. 

"The preacher's car was clean, so there's no way he transported bodies in it." Rossi sadi. "So were right he was being framed. By whom?" Asked cruz. "The answers in the victims's, Belinda Clark, and Jessica Moore, were both tied to prostitution like the others." Hotch said. YOu tried to get him out of your head, so you could focus on the case. Then his voice came in your head "It's fine, it isn't real." You started tearing up. You were such a jerk to him, he was so kind to you. He didn't deserve any of the shit he's been through. Your attention pulled back in as Hotch said. "Travis Henson was a regular at the pool hall, but he didn't work there." Your brain started running a million miles per minute. Cruz asked, "I don't see why the preacher didn't just come clean to you." You decided to respond, "He was a narcissistic sociopath who was cornered, but he still thought that he could get away with it. He didn't make a decision until he started shooting. Coming clean was no longer an option." You said holding back the tears. "Guys, I don't think he was the first one to shoot. whoever set him up was there." Morgan suggested. "That's ballsy." said cruz. "Because I'm pretty sure that Reid and I heard the first shots fired. We were all outside that dinner. Anybody got any photos?" Asked Morgan. "Yeah, I downloaded the crime scene photos." Pen said handing her computer to Morgan. "All right, show me coleman." Said Morgan, While cruz reached over to help. "Where's my vest, I wanna show you something." Morgan said while Pen grabbed his vest from the patients belongings bag on the floor. "All right you see that's from a mac-10." Pointing to his FBI vest. "Now look at this. You see how the impact mushrooms out?" Morgan said before you interrupted. "That's from a semi-jacketed hydroshock round. It makes a high-pitched scream. It's law enforcement issued." You finished. "Friendly Fire?" Asked JJ. "No. All those cops, were shooting into the diner. This round came from the same direction as the preacher." Morgan said. "Ok, I don't know who shot first, but I do know that every victim's connected to the pool hall. The one missing is Dinah." JJ said. "Go find her." Hotch ordered. Everyone grabbed their vest, and walked out of the room.

You stayed back in the waiting room. A doctor walked in while you were pacing, "Agent," The doctor said. "How is he?" You asked. "Incredibly lucky, two millimeters to the right, and the bullet would have torn right through the carotid artery. It nicked some vessels, but we've stopped the bleeding. You can see him now." You grabbed his belongings picking up your phone and following behind the doctor. You called JJ on your way to see him. He started opening his eyes, "Everybody's fine. Don't worry." You told him starting to tear up a bit. "I'm not." He said. "You've got that furrowed brow." You said to him as Pen walked in. "Can you tell her she can go now." Pen said on the phone. "I'm ok y/n, go help the team." He said to you with a little smile. "I'm glad you're awake bubs." You said. "Thank you." He said looking at your eyes then to your lips. He licked his and you walked out. 

You walked into the station as everyone was circled together, one of the deputy's walking away. "We need to talk to her." Hotch said. "Happy to do it." JJ said. You sat down on a desk when Cruz filled you in. Then JJ walked back out, "Well, she's definitely afraid. But got defiant when Benett walked in." JJ informed. "You get anything about the kid?" Asked Rossi. "Nothing but a look of desperation." JJ responded. "If she has someone to lose, they hold all the cards." Cruz whispered. "Outside." said Hotch as he walked by. "It turns out that Travis Henson, the third victim from the diner, was also a confidential informant." Hotch said. "For coleman?" asked Cruz. "No. For a decorated deputy named Owen McGregor. " Hotch said in a hushed tone. "You mean the same deputy, who arrested Dinah? But didn't stick around to book her." Rossi said. "It explains the hydroshock rounds found in Coleman. And why all the victims are afraid. Each reported 'They' were gonna get them. What if 'they' is more that just Owen McGregor?" JJ added. What if it's the whole force?" You said looking at JJ. "I'm telling you, coleman was not a dirty cop." Added Cruz. "No, but he's the only been sheriff for a year. So he's the outsider. That's what got him killed." You said. "It's a massive body count. What the hell are they protecting?" Asked Cruz "Corruption like this, can make a lot of people a lot of money." Said Hotch. "And you never met this McGregor?" asked Cruz. "he just finished his 4/40 when we landed." Said Rossi "Convenient." Said Cruz. "He's back on the clock now. Where would he go?" Rossi asked. You all stayed outside to keep talking. "Morgan walked over, "What's wrong?" "Trust no one my friend." Said Rossi. "Why?" Morgan asked. "Corruption." said Cruz leaning over. "Something this organized needs a stronger leader. We think it's deputy Owen McGregor. And there's a second-In-Command who appears trustworthy. ut has the access and the skill set to do a lot of damage. Deputy Bennett is presenting as that." Hotch said. "They framed the preacher and Dinah. She's still alive and terrified." You said looking at Morgan. "He ran the prostitution ring with the preacher, but she must play a bigger part in the rest of this." JJ said. "She's clearly worth more alive than dead." Morgan added. "for now, we could offer her something, get her to trust us." JJ said. "We've seen this before. We find her kid and maybe she'll talk." Said cruz. "Let's see if garcia can find him. The rest of us need  to figure out who else is Involved." 

You walked in and showed Dinah the image of Josh, "He's with federal agents now. Do you agree cooperated now?" You asked she nodded, "Just get me the hell out of here." She said, "Ok, let's go." You grabbed her arm and walked her out. A cop stops you "I've got orders she's not to leave the premises." He said. "You can tell your boss she's leaving with me." You said, walking past the deputy. He grabs your arm, you tell yourself 'don't fight this one.' "You tell yous she's not." He said not letting go. "Let go of me." You said with a stern look. looking him right in the eyes. Hotch walked in "Unless you want to be arrested for obstruction of a federal investigation, Let her go." Hotch said looking at the deputy. He clenched his jaw then let you go. You walked out. 

"Hey morgan, is everyone ok?" You asked through the phone. He called you to tell you what was going on. "Everything's fine. Don't worry. It was all a big distraction. It's gotta be part of McGregor's end game." He said. You were trying to keep Spencer out of your head. "He's headed to a junkyard. I'll send you the address." You said as you hung up. McGregor was a the hospital, but Pen saved Reid, than did it again when a doctor came in and tried to kill him. I guess the bad bitch energy is something you gave her. 

You walked Reid to his apartment. "You sure you're ok?" you asked walking behind him up the stairs."I- uh feel great. Ah that's overselling it. I feel great, considering I just got shot in the neck." You'd never been in his apartment before. He opened the door, "where do you want this." You said talking about his bag. "any-right there is fine." He said pointing at his couch. "You should get some sleep," you said putting his bag down. You grabbed his hand and your fingers down his hand. nd walking toward the door. He grabbed the finger that were just on his. "Are you all right?" He asked. You gave him confused look. "Yesterday, was a lot. I mean the nightmare than watching you get shot." He put his hands in his pockets walking closer to you. You looked him in the eye. He put his hands on your cheek, you grabbed his waist. He pulled you closer inches from your face. "I like it when you call me babe and bubs. But don't say it around the team." You looked at his eyes, "You we're dying I wasn't too worried about what the team thought." He looked at your lips then he kissed you. You pulled away reaching in your purse you said, "I have something for you." He released his hands from your face and put them back in his pockets. You grabbed the sticker and handed it to him. "You saw that too?" He asked. In the bar there was a sticker on the bathroom counter, it was a little purple dinosaur. You reached back into your purse and handed him more. "I found them at a gas station." You laughed. He smiled "Thank you, I love them." There was at least ten. "Alright, I'll leave. Go get some sleep." You said smiling at him as you walked out. 

Author's note,

Hey, I didn't change a thing in this one, sorry. I'm excited for you to read 10 that's when the hopeless romantic side of me really shows. The relationship becomes real 'soft' after this so if you aren't into that, then oh well.