#24

You woke up to your blaring alarm. "Ughhh." Your hangover lost it's wild affects after you started getting one almost every morning. You didn't have to be in the office until 8 it was 5. You set the alarm early so you could go on a jog. You got up slid on some leggings and a sports bra then continued out the door with a couple of tylenols. You felt less like shit when you ran.

You ran for a mile, just to waste 45 minutes. You put in your airpods and ran. You were trying to remember what happened last night. The furthest you could remember was dialing a number. You didn't know who's number it was. "Y/n!" It was your mom driving home from a long surgery. You stopped, "Hey mom." You said. "Dear, I have to talk to you, get in." She said in her nurturing voice. You obliged hopping into the passengers seat. 

"How was that surgery?" You asked. "Oh, it went well. The patient made it out a lot better than expected." she responded. You were panting a lot. She reached into the glove box and handed you a water. "Thanks. What was it that you wanted to talk about?" You asked. She sighed at your question, "Your aunt said you stopped by to talk to Lil, when were you planing on telling me about the army?" she asked. She was being vague but you knew she was referring to your most recent decision. "I'm not even sure yet." the conversation continued with her giving advice. 

The car ride was only 5 minutes at most. You got out and threw away the water bottle. You then made a cup of coffee. It was now 6. Your mom had a special request. She fell asleep better to music so you played her your favorite, Debussy- Reverie on the grand piano she had placed next to her stairs. She went off to bed. The sound would carry. You finished the 5 minute song only to rush into the shower. You took a quick shower.

You knew you wouldn't get much of a chance to dress up again. So you put on your casual plaid and tweed two piece blazer and skirt suit set, with a white turtleneck underneath. You put on a pair of heels to match. You curled your hair and put a little makeup on. You got used to no makeup, you felt more comfortable with less. You drove the motorcycle ignoring the fact that you were wearing a skirt. You drove to work and got there on time.

You couldn't take any coffee with, so you grabbed the mug Pen gifted you with on one of your first days with the BAU. You poured yourself a cup of coffee. You watched Spencer come in and set things on his desk. He grabbed his mug and walked over to you. "How are you feeling?" He said. he was still upset over everything but genuinely seemed concerned. Crap, wa she the one you called.

Just like that your phone rang. You started walking into the round table room, when you saw who was calling. "Hey Joe?" You said. "Y/n, have you made a decision?" He asked. "Yeah. Wait how do you know?" You asked. "They want me to come with." He said. Now you we're a bit more convinced. You would be going undercover to a small unclaimed part of land that has been said to be the base for human trafficking. It would be a mission on behalf of the FBI and the US military system. They offered you to make a team of your own people you trust, and they would add other people who they thought would be best. It was only a month at least.

"Joe, I don't know. I think I should, I'm just nervous for making the team to go with." You said. He agreed. "I have a few people in mind, but I really don't want to take more people. I don't want to ask someone to do something like this." You noticed Spencer in the door frame as you turned around. "Joe I gotta go." You said, while hanging up. 

"How much did you hear?" You asked him. "Around 'I'm nervous for making a team.' Y/n what's going on?" He asked. You just walked away. He didn't hear too much, but he heard enough. You thought back to last night, he was the one you called. "Shit,' you mumbled 'Did I call you last night?" You blurted. He nodded his head, "You don't remember?" he asked. You walked away pushing past him to your desk. "I'm not your problem anymore, I'm sorry." You mumbled as you pushed past him.