#17

Recap: You had just gotten into your car, you were planning on going somewhere. 

Before you could drive off, you called him. "Hey hotch." You said into the phone. "Hey, y/l/n. Why are you calling so late it's almost midnight." He said back. "Uh, I have something to talk to you about it's work related." You said nervously into the phone. "Is it urgent?" He asked. "Yes, I need to talk to you tonight." He gave you his address and hung up on you. You drove to his house. 

You had second thoughts on this. You knocked on the door anyway. "Hey, is Jack asleep?" You asked. He nodded. "Can we talk out here, I wouldn't want to wake him?" You asked. "Sure' he walked outside and sat on the steps with you. 'y/l/n what is this about?" You were scared to answer.

"I.. uh, got an offer a while back, from the Army, they want me to come teach some cadets for a month or two." You said. "I was wondering if I could take an unpaid sabbatical?" You asked. You were so worried for his answer. "Since it is the Army, you can. But I can't let you leave until I get it approved, so you'll have to come into work tomorrow. Do you want to tell the team?" He asked. Oh crap the question you didn't want to answer. "I would prefer it if you told them after I left. I will still be in Virginia. The base is only a half of an hour away." He nodded. "Okay, y/n we'll talk about this tomorrow. It's a paper work day so come in at 8 like always." He got up and walked into his house, "Thank you Hotch." You said going back to your car. When you got in you drove away. 

You couldn't bare this. You went home to try and collect yourself. You drove around for two hours. Once you got to your complex, you got out of the car and checked your phone. You had one message from Morgan asking if you were doing ok. You told him you were fine. You planned on breaking up with Spencer when you got back, and he was sober. 

When you got to your door you noticed everything was the same as when you left. You threw away the note, and put everything down. You fell asleep on the couch, for four hours. By the time you woke up, Spence was already awake. You were afraid for this conversation. "Good morning, babe. I made coffee." You silently walked into your kitchen and sat down. "Are you upset about last night?" You asked. "Y/n, both of us made mistakes last night. I think we should just forget about it and move on." You knew spence hated confrontation but seriously. 

"Spence, here are garcia's keys. Go change and pick her up I'll see you at the office." You said basically pushing him out. He walked out in the same outfit from yesterday. You got dressed in a white bodysuit that slightly flared at the wrists. You also but on tan pants that wrapped perfectly around your waist and made your butt look good. You straightened your hair and put on more makeup then you usually do. You grabbed your gun and creds and you put on some nice white high heels. You looked so good. 

You grabbed everything you would need and you left. You played your up beat music so you wouldn't start crying from what you had to do today. You got there 30 minutes early, Hotch was already there so you walked up to his door and knocked on the door. "Is now a bad time?" You asked. He shook his head, "Please have a seat we have a lot to go over." You sat down. 

"So, I called the Army general and he approved and is excited to have you back. The bureau also agrees, under one condition." He was looking for a response. "Let's hear it." You said. He nodded, "If we need you for a case, they want you to come back. This will only last for two months, so you can train." You were shocked, you thought it was gonna be way worse. "I will agree to those terms, I was wondering if the general talked about any other details with you." You asked.

(I'm skipping the rest of this conversation;) 

"Thank you Hotch, I will call the General and tell him I accept." You said walking out. You did have two cases to do before you could leave. You walked down the cat walk. "Hey, what was that about?" Morgan asked from his desk. "You'll see tomorrow." You said. You finished one case then went into Pen's office. 

"Hey, can we talk?" You said. "Sure come on in." You sat down on her desk playing with some of her toys scattered everywhere. "I- uh, am going to join the army again, for two months." You said. "What, Why?" She asked. "There's been some conflict between me and someone else on the team, and I got the offer so I decided to take it." She was extremely upset. "Who else have you told?" She asked you. "No one except Hotch knows.' you hand her 5 letters, with the names Reid, JJ, Morgan, Rossi, and Garcia written on all of them, 'tomorrow when Hotch tells everyone, I need you to hand these out. Don't read yours until tomorrow. I also won't have my phone on me. I'm getting a new one, you, JJ, and Rossi have my number. You can give it to Morgan. But don't let anyone give my number to Reid no matter how much he begs." You finished.

"Y/n do you want me to check up on you?" She asked. "Uh, no. Don't get worried that my car is at my apartment still. I'm taking my motorcycle. Could you also check on Lil, and Sierra every now and then. I love you Pen, call if you need anything." You said getting up and walking out. "Love you too." Is all you heard as you walked into the bullpen. 

You went and told Hotch you were leaving he responded by giving you a hug and telling you to stay safe, and call if you needed anything. You walked out back into the bullpen, you saw everyone in a circle talking. Spence wasn't there. You hugged everyone, "I love you guys, I'll see you soon." You said and walked out. You went to your apartment and cleaned it out sending all your stuff to your moms house. She probably wouldn't even notice. When you got back you locked the door and gave the keys to your landlord. You knew after the two months you needed to find somewhere new. After you dropped everything off at your moms. You sat on the couch and cried. 

You left her a note, and you called your aunt to tell her you were coming by. You cried because in spencer's note you broke up with him. You said "Maybe we can try this again later." You just sat there crying until you heard the door to your moms house open. You grabbed your gun and walked over to the door. "FBI, who are you?" You say. "Y/n honey it's me." You drop your gun and run over. You jumped into your moms arms. You told her everything, you told her why, where, how, when, and every detail you could think of. She already knew about Spencer. You left after the conversation was over because it was 2 and you had to be at the base by 6. You had already dropped your stuff off there. You got on your motorcycle and drove to Lil's house. 

You got off and walked in to see her. "Hey lil, I'm going back to the Army base for two months. If you need anything you can still text me." She hugged you and you exchanged goodbyes you gave her your new phone number. You left. 

You went about half way to the base when you grabbed your old phone and smashed it. You brought it with you just in case, but it was destroyed. 

You walked into the base and went to the front, you pulled out your creds. "Hi, I'm  S.S.A or Captain or dr. y/n y/ln. Could I speak to the general." You say they take you back into his office. "Y/n!" Your old friend runs up and gives you a giant hug. "Hello sir, How are you?" 

A/n

The next chapter will have the letters in it. I don't know how I feel about this one yet. LMK. Love you all.