🕷 (54) Who is the Best?

Brooklyn POV-

House arrest was not as bad as she assumed. But it still sucked.

After her little stunt making the Joker's life miserable, Brook's dad had made it very clear she was to stay in her apartment as much as possible to avoid any more trouble. What he'd actually meant was so Brook wouldn't die by the hands of a suicidal clown. 

That meant no going out on patrols with an equally grounded Peter. Despite the fact that she'd graduated as an agent of SHIELD, even Fury had been swayed by a cluster of angry and concerned Avengers to keep her from any field work.

Not only was she not allowed to at least patrol, a job temporarily handed over to Uncle Clint, but Brooklyn got all of her research confiscated by her sestra, and it was all taken to some joint facility for all the heroes to use as they saw fit!

At least Agent Coulson had the right mind to congratulate Brook on her good work, but that did not stop him from reminding her she still had to graduate from another SHIELD Academy, so the teen spent her days enhancing her knowledge of science and technology outside of school hours. 

Of course she also had her Stark Industries work to deal with as well, in which she was given updates on the happenings of the company to review, small things to approve, and even had to forego her 'stay at home unless its for school' order to visit the Stark building in Manhattan a few times.

All of that made her 'punishment' seem less like one at times, she'd even been able to use some of her time to improve the A.I. Brook had been constructing recently. Thanks to all her newly acquired knowledge, the program seemed to be showing promising results.

Had Brooklyn not felt the slightest amount of guilt for making her loved ones worry, she might've been more upset over this punishment, especially since she couldn't even walk to school anymore!

No, now Happy was in charge of taking Brook and Peter to school, and that man was not a morning person at all. On the drive back home after school or decathlon practice, he at least stopped by a fast food restaurant and treated the teens to some food, which would've been very nice if he did not require a payment of all their fries for his services.

At least she and Pete weren't the only ones who'd been suffering these past two weeks.

As much as Brooklyn hated to admit it, even with their project finished and graded to perfection, she still kept in contact with the Wayne.

Every day, Brooklyn's walkie-talkie would go off, and she never once ignored it...

In the begining, they spent most of their talks via walkie-talkie on planning what to do to help the adults, but they quickly realized there wasn't really much they could get done when they were both watched like hawks.

For Brook, someone from her family called the apartment every few hours to make sure she was still serving her punishment.

Peter's window had been sealed by Tony to make sure the teen wouldn't go out to do any hero work, not that it was necessary with Aunt May calling him nearly as often as Brook was checked up on. And from what the Wayne had mentioned, when Jon wasn't in Queens for school, he was under watch in Kansas with his grandmother, forbidden from going to Gotham to keep his friend company.

As for Damian, like her...he had nothing to do but talk, so their walkie-talkie conversations had increased from just a quick message before bed, to long talks in the afternoons she lazily spent in bed with work before her.