🕷(71) Damian's Detective Work

Peter POV-

Peter was always sad when the rain came, not only because it made swinging around the city harder, but also because it made him feel caged to be indoors all day.

With Mr. Stark and the others gone, it was Fury who called to make sure he and Brooklyn stayed home for the day until later when the rain subsided and patrols could resume.

Still riding the high euphoria of being able to take MJ to the dance in a few weeks, Peter was currently heading over to Brooklyn's apartment so he could get her opinion on some suits and ties. Normally Peter did not have the money for such things and opted to wear some old suit from his dad's old clothes. 

But SHIELD payed very well, and Peter found no harm pulling a little money from his savings to look good at the dance and impress MJ.

It was late in the day, when Brooklyn usually busied herself with work, which is why Peter merely put his finger on the scanner and since their meeting was planned, GIL let him inside with a warm greeting.

"Welcome back Mr.Parker...we-welcome" GIL's Russian voice faltered. 

Peter frowned at the door for a second, then realized the constant rain, maybe even the lightning that struck every ten minutes had probably made the A.I. lag a bit. No matter how good technology was, nature and the elements would always be greater after all, or at least thats what Captain Rogers always said.

Once inside the warm home, Peter was almost shocked to hear the TV was on. That was peculiar, considering Brook never watched TV until later in the day. That chilling sense across his body made Peter pause at the door, the sense that came with his abilities and always seemed to warn when there was something amiss.

Remembering what Brooklyn taught him recently, Peter took out one of his web shooters and slowly closed the door behind him. On the table by the door, was a simple bouquet of flowers, the ones Mr. Stark always sent to brighten his daughter's home every week. But inside the vase, Brook had taken to hiding a taser gun, one she'd sworn was not powerful enough to kill someone.

This was probably silly, maybe Brook just decided to take a break from work?

But she'd always reminded him to be weary of the things out of place, that it was always better to be cautious. If it weren't for the fact that odd things always seemed to happen around them, Peter might've laughed it off.

Grabbing the taser gun with shaky fingers, he searched his mind for the lessons Brooklyn had instilled into his mind.

Keep to the walls, don't ever go into a room before pointing that weapon first, be ready to shoot at a moments notice. Don't forget that once you pass a few rooms, even if you are certain they are empty, keep an eye on your back. If you give the assailant an opening, it's over.

Ok, Peter could do this....its not like he hated weapons or anything.

After a calming breath, Peter did as he was told, silently moving against the hall wall with a weapon ready to fire. There was no one in her room, the spare room, or the work space. 

Further down, he noticed little things that made his heart quicken over the sound of the loud TV.

A framed painting laid broken on the floor, its frame hidden by a small table. Now that he was closer, Peter could smell the blood lingering on the polished wood.