🕷(55) Time with Guests

Brooklyn POV-

Ok. The Notebook hadn't been that bad.

Tonight was officially Brook's first 'Sleep Over' with the girls, and so far it had been quite the pleasant experience. They had been right when they said being without the boys would be fun, it was a different sort of ambiance that Brooklyn found she enjoyed.

Of course the boys were two doors down having their own sleep over at Peter's to keep him company as well. All their friends knew Peter, Brook, Jon, and Damian had been grounded but none of the reasons why had been linked together to one event.

Everyone thought Brook was grounded because she used Grandpa Steve's shield as a sled down the hills of the compound. Peter was said to be grounded for forgetting to help Aunt May with the groceries, and Jon for a similar reason with his dad. No one at school had dared ask why Damian had been grounded, but the only evidence of such a thing was the fact that he was dropped off and picked up at school.

Brooklyn hated lying to her friends these past few days, not just about her punishment reasons, but also because of the secret hero/vigilante work like what happened at the bank during lunch.

But this was for their own good, and the best Brook could do to make up for it was host this sleepover.

She was a little nervous at first to say the least. She'd never properly hung out with friends like this, but after having Damian stay over at her loft once, she'd been much more willing to have others over.

So far, Tanya had proclaimed they all needed to be in their pjs (after trying on the thousand items of clothing Tanya bought for a little modeling show).

A little cozy set up had been made in the living room with blankets and pillows like a nest of sorts. It was from there that the girls had watched Tanya's favorite sleepover picks that the boys could not complain about.

Frozen had been interesting, and it had made Brooklyn wonder if all mutants started out as Elsa, afraid of their powers. Having encountered many enhanced humans so far in her life, Brook wouldn't be surprised if that fear was what led them to dark paths like working for the Joker.

The next movie had been something for them to 'celebrate their being single'.

The notebook had sent Tanya into a fit of tears on more than one occasion, while MJ spent most of the time whispering the differences between it and its original literature work of art.

To Brook, the movie had been emotional at times yes, but the girl found herself annoyed at the main characters. As someone who would have a difficult time finding someone to love due to fame, her assassin past, and her heroic future, Brook couldn't help but be annoyed that those two would let such stupid things get in the way of their emotions.

Maybe Damian had been right about everyone being different than them, not in the superiority aspect, but that life must look very different to people like MJ and Tanya who did not have to worry about murderous clowns or the overall darkness of the world.

It was nice to feel like that now, just a teenage girl hanging out with her friends, now surrounded by snacks and blasting music to their hearts content. For now, she was not THE Brooklyn Stark, but just a friend, and it felt really nice.

"Ok, since the boys aren't here now we can talk about the good stuff" Tanya said, rubbing her hands together as she eyed Brook and MJ excitedly.

Brooklyn had enough sense to feel worried, clutching her blanket close.