🕷(74) Lunch and Dinner

Damian POV-

"Yelena just told me she was blindfolded when Ivan dropped her off in Manhattan. She estimates her journey took about three days, including a plane ride of a few hours" Brooklyn said, frowning at the clear board they'd set up in the spare room, "Ivan doesn't take chances, he might've made the trip intentionally longer, either way, Yelena isn't even sure if they're still in Moscow to begin with"

Damian was leaning against the bed's headrest, dozens of papers atop the bedsheet and around a sleeping Titus.

Though Brooklyn almost hated herself for admitting it, the damn beast was growing on her already. 

In the morning when she and Damian had woken up, Titus had snuggled beside them, looking pleased to see them. After breakfast, he'd somehow known she'd need the remote, and he'd gone and fetched it, not an ounce of drool on its slick surface. Damian had evenencouraged Brooklyn to take hold of Titus' leash during the beast's morning walk, and the large dog had kept to her side dutifully.

It had not been so bad to play catch with him, in fact, Brook and Damian had a competition on who could throw the ball the furthest with the most successful catch, but the dog did not show favoritism, even with Damian's incentive of treats.

Right now, the black eyed pet was keeping an eye on the window of the room, occasionally looking out into the hall as if guarding them.

...stupid dog....

"Do you think Ivan will send someone else soon?" Damian asked, features changing into something angry.

"No" Brook answered honestly, "From what you've all told me, no one had time to explain what was happening. Ivan wouldn't have left easy ways to contact him around the place, so they would've had to leave. If he saw on the news that the pipes collapsed or even found the dead body records in SHIELD files somehow, he'd be weary"

Brooklyn stared up at the information of their only clue up on the board, the helicopter that had taken Brook away from her home. Unfortunately, records showed it had been stolen, then it had cashed on the opposite side of the East River where Brook had been held.

No fingerprints, no things left to recover that might've been left behind.

Too bad corpses couldn't talk, because that's the only other thing they had.

The whiteboard they had mostly possessed information form both Brook's and Yelena's youth. Little things they could remember, like old allegiances and hidden bases Ivan owned that had been mentioned in passing at some point. 

It even had a little bullet point of something observed during the rescue a few days ago. Damian had seen one of Brook's old instructors carry an alien gun, and she remembered being stunned in place when she'd been captured, even if it was only for a few seconds due to an odd looking gun. Perhaps this was all connected to the weapons and Joker fiasco in some way, or so was the theory.

Damian had confessed to being the heir of the League last night, but he'd admitted that since he decided to stay in Gotham (more like his dad decided for him), he'd been out of contact with his mother who was no doubt leading the League now.

Talia al Ghul was just as famous as her father in the assassin world, she was said to be just as skilled but all the more cunning. She was known to many young Black Widows in training as the Leviathan, the Daughter of the Demon's Head.