🕷(83) The Truth of the Past

Brooklyn POV-

Brook felt her muscles were sore, and the...was she sleeping on the ground?

When she opened her eyes, the first thing Brooklyn noticed that this was definitely not the grasslands of the battle, or her guest room at the palace. This was a room of black walls with no visible door or windows, only a large mirror to her right.

She knew what this was, she'd seen enough prisons and cells to know one by now. There was something about the darkness of the place that made her think of the Red Room, both of being kidnapped by them and taken underwater, and of the place she'd once called home.

It was nerve wrecking.

Just as Brook began to panic, she finally realized being in that odd place did not make sense. Why was she locked up? Who was on the other side of the two-way mirror?

Just as she stood, pushing back her messy red hair, the Stark realized she was not wearing her suit or Wakandan clothes. She was in what was shaped like an oversized t-shirt, but it had embedded...cables....were these clothes monitoring her?

Brooklyn felt around for her Stark watch or her gauntlets, but both were missing, leaving the scar on her wrist visible agains the short sleeves of her outfit. Though the outfit was long enough to reach mid-thigh, she could still see her scar from the Battle of New York, her bare feet full of old wounds from ballet that had only begun to heal recently when she tended her feet after practice.

Something was wrong.

The panic of being locked up again began to seize her, enough that she stood up on shaky legs and began kicking and punching the walls looking for a way out. It wasn't until she started screaming in frustration, as she began debating screaming for help, that Brooklyn recalled what had happened earlier.

She'd...there was fire.

Had someone thrown fire at her, had that weapon meant for the princess been laced with something awful? But then the Stark realized her hair was still intact, her body free of burns that not even vibranium based technology could've healed so fast.

That had been her...thats why Brooklyn was not in a hospital, she was in a cell because she was dangerous...

What the hell was wrong with her!?

She moved back to the middle of the empty room, cradling her knees close to her chest as she cursed in Russian, as she tried to keep the panic at bay.

Thats when a familiar voice spoke up, as if from a speaker in the small room.

"Brooklyn, It's me. I'm coming in ok?" Steve said.

He was outside! He would free her!...Or whatever happened out on that field could hurt him, even as a super soldier, she wasn't so sure how fire resistant he could be. Her guess was, not very much.

With a new sense of panic of hurting someone she cared for, Brooklyn looked to the two-way mirror. She didn't care about looking weak or scared for once, not as she shot pleading yes and yelled at the unseen beyond, "No! Don't come in! Something is wrong with me!"

Just as she yelled so, the shaking of her body had only increased when little flurries of flames began gathering at her fingertips.

NO! No...

Brooklyn tried to wipe them on the floor, she tried to scoot away from them, but the flames only grew, started shooting out of her fingers like small fireworks. Where the flames met wall, they thankfully caused no damage.