🕷(30) Ballet en Pointe

Brooklyn POV-

Natasha finished strapping her flats comfortably, and both widows rose from the ground, making their way to the middle of the room.

Her sestra had mentioned that this was one of the rooms normally utilized for the Avengers only. It was plain, nothing but hardwood floors and mirrors, a small table and some cabinets, nothing major. 

Well, there was an observation area above the room, but it was mostly filled with storage.

Upon those stored things were some wooden bars the two widows has set up by the large mirrors. With them in place, the two stretched their legs in familiarity, and after some common warm ups, Natasha asked FRIDAY to play her usual playlist.

In seconds, the orchestral sounds of Tchaikovsky filled the empty room. A melody so familiar that instinctively, Brooklyn got into first position. The young assassin had been dancing to this particular piece since she was probably four years old.

It was one of the first choreographies she'd learned, the one that many widows had fallen pray too.

In no time, her feet were carrying her around the room performing smooth brisé's, chassé's, and soubresauts despite not having practiced in a little over a month.

This song wasn't a Pas de Deux(dance for two), yet Natasha was preforming the moves just as perfectly, both of them in unparalleled sync that could only be achieved by years and years of practice. 

Brook was most certain that even if she never picked up a pair of ballet flats again for decades, as soon as she heard the melody of the song and picked up her shoes, instinct would guide to a perfect performance.

In silence, the two assassins let their minds get lost in the song, trying to forget the days filled with nothing but this. In the Red Room, even the smallest flaw could lead to death, insuring only the strongest survived.

But now, the two Russians were dancing not as a way to prove their worth and ability, but just to relax and get lost in an old matter of training that both had adapted as a hobby. There were no punishments or harsh interaction, just two widows gliding across a room.

One of the things Brooklyn loved about this particular piece is that it had both grace and aggressiveness to it, a perfect depiction of any girl in the Red Room Academy. So she glided with the movements, watched as her sestra did the same up until the last note of the song.

By its end, the choreography had been performed without a single mistake, and Brooklyn had to smile at herself as a result. Something about a flawless performance always chased away the shadows of the day.

Natasha silently went over to the tables on the far right of the space, fetching two water bottles, one which she threw Brook's way. 

"You were taught well" Natasha said, "You form was perfect"

Brooklyn panted, "As were you, I must say, your interrogation skills were not half bad either"

Both smirked, thinking back to their team work outside the dance.

Though neither widow would admit it, they were completely spent, not just from the dancing.

All morning on Saturday, the widows had spent in the interrogation rooms leeching secrets from the criminals Brook had helped apprehend.