🕷(28) The Heiress

Brooklyn POV-

"Welcome back Mr. Stark" the lady in the pencil skirt said, excitedly waiving for two guards to open the main doors as she handed Stark a few folders.

Before she continued inside, the woman turned to Brook, bending down lightly to be at eye level as if she were talking to a child while another person made to take the teen's coat.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Stark, I'm Ms. Wilson. Don't worry, it's not scary at all in there. I'll make sure your first visit to the New York establishment is a pleasant one" the black haired woman said, patting the top of Brook's head, enough so that the assassin could see Stark flinch at the action.

He thought Brook would attack, and she wasn't stupid enough to lie to herself, this woman WAS getting on her nerves. Especially when she added, "If you get bored at any time, you can tell me and I'll take you to one of the waiting areas. I'm sure someone can fetch something entertaining for you"

Brooklyn felt her eye twitch, and even though the waves of her earlier kill were still buzzing around her body, the girl repressed them, instead looking the woman in the eye with a bright smile.

"That won't be necessary, Ms. Wilson. I'm here to become better acquainted with the company. If I am to inherit it one day, I must know how it functions so I can help create a promising future, don't you think?"

The woman almost tripped on her stilettos, and her eyes were so wide, Brook was almost convinced they'd expand as much as Spider-man's mask could. The woman impersonating a gaping fish was left in the dust as Brooklyn decided to make her way inside the busy building.

Thankfully, her otets followed suit, and when she looked up at him, Brook noticed he was fighting back a laugh.

"You're not going to reprimand me for talking back to that woman?" she asked.

Stark placed an arm on her shoulder, and unlike the last time he'd done so, Brooklyn didn't shake it away. Maybe it was because they managed to gather the attention of nearly every worker in the lobby, or perhaps she was just growing accustomed to it.

Ignoring the crowd in the room, Stark shot her a bright smirk.

"I didn't have the balls to talk back at someone belittling me when I was your age, much less when I first came to the company" he replied in a hushed whisper.

Brooklyn smirked back, and under the curious gazes of the room, she stood up straighter and made eye contact with everyone around. If they though she was just a spoiled little girl here on a field trip, then they were sorely mistaken.