🕷(88) Texts and Talks

Brooklyn POV-

Though she'd grown not to despise her stay at Xavier's, the professor and his staff had achieved Brooklyn's goal. The Tesseract's power was still roaming through her veins, but thanks to the vibranium and her new anchor, Brooklyn felt confident enough to brave the world beyond this hidden school.

Part of it was not just het achievement, Brook was supposed to only stay here till Monday, but it was now Tuesday, and she had a very important company event to get ready for on Thursday. If Brooklyn failed to show up, it would start raising suspicions that something was amiss.

Normally absence from school could be excused with any small lie, but Brooklyn was no ordinary teen, she was a public eye figure who attracted paparazzi like moths to a flame...actually, maybe another analogy would be best... like dogs to a bone.

The media usually gave her room to breathe and live because of who her father was and likely the pity they felt for the 'wishes of her dead mother', but public events were always the compromise. If Brook missed one of those, it might start a security breach she was not ready for.

At least now she was a little more prepared for the gala with her curs-...power kept at bay, as long as Brook kept her anchor in mind...an anchor she totally did not have feelings for as some would assume.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay?" Xavier asked as they both stood before the school, waiting patently for a car to arrive, "You can master you power here, learn to use it properly instead of hiding it"

"I don't want to master it" Brooklyn replied as gently as she could, "I just want to keep it inside so that it's not a danger to anyone until it can be removed"

The professor tapped the arm of his wheelchair, not in anger or frustration, just something Brooklyn noticed he did quite often when he was thinking.

As always, a wise bit of advice left the bald man's lips short after, "Concealment is never healthy, Miss Stark, take if from someone who has not only seen what that can do to a student, but has experienced it himself. Should you ever change your mind, you're aways welcome here"

Brooklyn had no idea even the great and wise Professor Xavier had once wanted to conceal his abilities. Many people often spoke praises of how powerful his power was and how useful it was to recruit students, quite possibly saving their lives.

Still, Brook knew what she wanted and needed, and the flames were not part of that.

"Thank you professor"

That's when a familiar car pulled up before them, and when Happy got out the car, he did not seem annoyed for once. There was worry in his eyes as Happy ran over to her.

"Are you alright, kid? Everything good?" Happy asked, eyes moving to her hands, one of which was holding her small duffle bag of burnt clothes and necessities, both her wrists adorned with silver bracelets.

"Yeah, I'm ok" she replied as Happy ruffled her hair annoyingly.

"Then let's take you home" he said, turning to the professor to thank him for the help. Turned out, Happy was the one who used to take Wanda to Xavier's and was well acquainted but also trusted to keep the location a secret.

Having said her goodbyes at breakfast that morning, Brooklyn merely thanked the professor again, stepping out into the snow and getting in the car while Happy put her bag in the trunk.