🕷(38) Damian vs Brooklyn

Peter Parker POV-

This was an awful idea...there was absolutely no way this would end up well, not for anyone.

Though Brook had mentioned her distaste for Damian Wayne earlier, he never imagined it to be this bad until gym came along. 

The two of them stared at each other as if they wanted to murder one another on the spot. It was as if the air was thicker between their stares, like you could feel the heat of their anger emanating across the room.

Brooklyn got that look in her eyes again, the one that Spider-man had seen when she got too lost in training, the same intensity as that first day of SHIELD training when Peter saw her kill all those holograms.

Peter wished he could warn Damian to maybe not pick a fight with her, the new student had not clue the amount of damage Brook could induce if she really wanted to. 

The new kid was picking a fight he could not win.

Mr. Stark had mentioned multiple times how much he disliked Mr. Wayne, so he'd known of the animosity between families would be there, but he'd never seen a hatred induced conflict quite like this. 

Though he hated to use the newer Star Wars films as reference to anything, Peter couldn't help but thing that the two teens on the court, staring deathly into the other was very much like Rey and Kylo en facing off before battle.

It was as if the two were of equal will and strength, on opposite sides of a war ready to fight.

Maybe Peter was exaggerating a little bit, not about Brooklyn though, she could definitely kill anyone this room. But Damian Wayne had this...dark aura about him, like he was just as deadly.

From his place sitting out the game on the bleachers, Peter watched as the Wayne hit the falling ball upwards high into the air, then jumped to spike it down with olympic-like expertise. Brooklyn did not seem alarmed by the incredible speed of the ball, she quickly placed her necklace inside her shirt and got a running start to hit that volleyball with equal vigor.

All the students seem to part away from the two, watching as they caught each ball with ease, throwing it back at a speed that must've caused their hands and wrists to hurt.

Shooting a worried look at Ned and MJ on the court, the two teens could only shrug just as Brook dove to the ground before them.

The first round only stopped when the volley managed to hit Brooklyn's shoulder with enough force that she actually clutched her arm slightly. Peter was about seconds away from rushing to the court to see if she needed to be taken to the nurse's office, but the Stark only smirked, rolling her arm a few times before demanding someone from the Wayne's team to give him the ball.

Flash eventually did, staring at Damian with a mix of anger and admiration. That would surely not end well too...

The teacher only took his gaze away from the magazine before him when he noticed the sound of the ball stopped. He blew his whistle, demanding the next round to start even when members of Brook's team were trying to argue a foul was in place.

Mr. Wilson was a nice man, but one who should not be overseeing this game so loosely. The fact that this so called Damian Wayne was good at volleyball was terrifying, especially when Brook's determined spirit came into place. Had it been up to Peter, he would've stopped the game entirely.