🕷(62) Animal Planet Documentary

Dick Grayson (Wayne) POV-

It had been a long day of stopping the Joker's minions from brining havoc to Gotham, the one place the clown always seemed to return to even when he evidently had higher aspirations to ruin the whole world.

Despite all the work that had been done today, Dick made an effort to return early today to check up on Damian.

Since that night the eldest saw little D was acting odd, he'd felt even more guilty for not being around more. So he asked his wife to come to the manor today so they could at least keep the teen company, even if Damian was likely just gonna kick them out.

What his exhausted body did not need right now was the sight of Tim kneeling by the shrubbery of potted plants Alfred liked to keep at the top of the stair railing looking down into the living room.

At first, Nightwing thought his brother had overworked himself again, as he often did, and was passed out on the floor, but the faint whispering from Tim said otherwise.

Tim was supposed to be back at the company at this time, what could he possibly be doing here right now? With a roll of his eyes to his wife, Dick slowly approached his brother and asked, "I know I'm going to regret this, but what are you doing?"

In seconds, Dick was being pushed down alongside Tim, and even though his brother looked like a kid caught with a cookie jar (or in Tim's case the equivalent would be a box of coffee grains), Dick's brother seemed far too amused and happy, his rare smile almost obscured the permanent eye bags under his eyes.

Instead of saying anything, Tim gestured for Starfire to join them, then pushed a few branches aside and placed his phone back to face the lonely living room below. 

Only it wasn't empty.

Damian wasn't hauled up in his room as usual or training down at the Batcave...he was down there, sitting on one of the large couches with a packet in hand...and a Stark sitting beside him, far closer than Damian would ever allow anyone to be under normal circumstances.

Yes, that was undoubtedly Brooklyn Stark. The same wavy red hair, even the voice was familiar at this point after news channels had focused all their energy on her lately. Even when both teens were facing away from the railing of the stairs, there was no way they would've heard Dick talking since they had music on, some orchestral piece the youngest Wayne would never listen to.

Just the fact that she was here...was Damian hurt again?

"What is going on?" Dick whispered to his brother, moving aside slightly so Starfire could see better.

Despite looking like three children spying on something silly, Tim proudly explained, "I came home early after a meeting with Oscorp, all thanks to him wanting to spend more time with his son after what happened at Family Day with the Stark. When I came in through the window like you two, because doors are for losers, I was on my way to the kitchen when I saw those two down there"

Starfire turned her glowing green eyes Tim's way, whispering, "So you're filming them?"

Tim smirked, "Even better. Now ssshhh!! I'm watching the enemies interact in their natural habitat"

Dick's brother did not explain what that meant, so all three went back to looking at the sight down below, with Nightwing feeling a little guilty on invading his brother's privacy. But that was a Stark down there! Never mind that, Damian was hanging out with a GIRL! There had to be something wrong!