🕷 (56) Peace Never Lasts

Brooklyn POV-

"I'm just saying, you should've been trained for that" Brooklyn mused, laying with a walkie-talkie raised on one hand, the other twirling the pen that was supposed to be used on the homework scattered on the bed.

On the other end of the line, the Stark heard her enemy reply, "What possible advantage would drinking hold for an assassin?"

"If one day you are forced to drink undercover, you my dear demon, will be a drunken mess drooling on the floor" she said, "I, on the other hand, can drink three shots of Russian vodka without even flinching. Though I am kinda curious what kind of drunk you will be"

The sound of a pencil on paper paused on the other end of the line, and Damian replied seriously, "Why would I ever drink?"

Eyeing the Stark Industries events schedule she'd been given today, Brooklyn could think of eighteen different reasons why that would be the case.

"We will have to go to business events our whole lives where drinking will either save us from boredom, or it will be a necessity out of manners"

"In that case, what kind of drunk are you?"

Brooklyn laughed at the question, dismissing her work completely as she laid on the bed, staring at the glowing star stickers on her wall, the ones Jon insisted on buying when she mentioned something about never seeing a sky full of stars thanks to city smog.

She'd arranged them into commonly known constellations, and wordlessly dedicated one for each of her friends and family based on their meaning, (information she also got from a surprisingly knowledgeable Jon Kent). Then again, he and his dad could likely fly to the stars themselves. maybe spending so much time up in the sky made a person curious.

Though she'd never admit it to a single soul, there was a constellation up there that did not belong to a friend or family. In the intricacy of the Big Dipper, one with four stars in a rectangle symbolizing the shape of a bear and three stars representing three hunters....the first hunter, closest to the bear, was actually named Robin, often labeled as a completely black-colored bird. 

As soon as she'd realized it, her mind had turned that into Damian, the other two hunters working to kill the bear being the rest of her team, consisting of Jon and Peter (Ned had his own constellation away from the fight). 

The bear was not the Joker surprisingly...she couldn't quite decide what they were hunting.

Perhaps it was a fight against overprotective parents, criminals, or even fighting fate to become something more..still, her own constellation of the phoenix (because Jon said it was seen as an orange/red color like her hair) lingered close to her team as if it would aid them in the hunt, one she was no longer willing to let them engage alone.

Still, listening to her robin while looking up at her ceiling made Brook smirk. Even though Damian often asked the most ridiculous questions, it was never dull talking with him, even hunting enemies together was not so bad.

"To be honest, I'm not sure what kind of drunk I am", Brooklyn confessed, "I always drank to keep warm during the night, so maybe I sleep when drunk?"

Damian's end went silent for a few seconds, save for the barking of Titus and the distant sound of shuffling steps passing by.

"Even the league was not foolish enough to subject their trainees to the cold without proper attire" he said, almost sounding angry, "But if you ever happen to drink too much during an event, at least it will be amusing to see you pass out on the floor"