🕷(70) Yule Invitations

Brooklyn POV-

Just as Brook was opening her locker, too busy discussing the importance of strawberries being superior to apples with Tanya and MJ, her argument was cut short by the sound of stuff falling from her locker.

Already annoyed, the Stark got ready to pick up whatever book had decided to infuriate her, only to find a small mountain of blue envelopes resting before her black heels.

Tanya squealed.

"I told you you'd be the prized gem this year, that has to be at least twenty cards!" Tanya said, moving down to start picking them up with excitement.

MJ leaned agains the locker, smiling smugly as she corrected, "More like forty, I'm surprised your locker didn't explode"

Brooklyn's locker WAS a mess, filled with even more letters than the ones that had jumped ship on the floor.  If Brook was being honest, she had not expected to be asked by more than three people, but it appeared that as always, when it came to social matters, Tanya was once again right.

Ignoring the looks from passing students, Brooklyn helped her friends pile the letters into their school bags before rushing over to their lunch table after picking up random items from the food court.

On their way to the corner of the room, Brooklyn felt the stares of many people on her, as if expecting her to stop by their table.

Beside her, MJ whispered, "They are waiting to see if you've made up your mind on someone"

Brook whispered back nervously, "I just got the letters, how am I supposed to know!?"

Tanya scowled beside MJ, "Maybe because you've been ignoring your locker all day. No more, we are opening up all these letters to see if there is anyone worthy!"

Brooklyn wanted to tell Tanya that she had already decided to go alone, but even she was curious as to what the sea of students she didn't know had written to try and charm her. Maybe the Stark could learn a thing or two from them about the mysteries of flirtation only Tanya and Harry seemed to have mastered in their little friend group.

She almost let out a relieved sigh when they made it to the table where everyone was already seated. Being able to turn her back on the room was a relief, especially when she'd had visible clumps of letters out of every pocket of her bag.

Brook had even caught an amused smile form Agent Claire in a table in the distance...

Still, the Stark was glad Harley had been busy with a project so he wouldn't have to witness Brook, MJ, and Tanya dumping piles of blue envelopes in the middle of the table.

It was a horrific sight....

Ned and Harry were the first to stand up from their benched seats, looming over the pile with smiles on here faces as they picked out some letters to read. Brooklyn should've stopped them, she had no clue what kind of embarrassing stuff was in them, but her friends would likely know how to decipher them better.

Beside Brooklyn, Damian did no show the same amused interest as the others, at least he was polite enough to just glare at the stack as if he could combust it into fire. Always trust Damian to understand when all others did not.

Brook could still feel the intense stares from everyone in the lunch hall, she tried not to shrink at the feeling, focusing on the act of her friends abandoning their food and ripping into the invitations with vigor.