🕷(17) Delmar's and Queens

Brooklyn POV-

"Brooklyn! Wait up!" a male voice said. 

For a second, Brook had been afraid Spider-man had finally found her, luckily, when she turned around there was only the least Spider-man-like guy in all of Queens.

Peter Parker was running her way, his backpack bouncing wildly with every jog.

"What are you still doing here after school?" Brook asked, helping Peter straighten out the books in his hands, afraid that if they fell, they'd take him down as well. He didn't seem to mind his disheveled state, but thanked her noteless.

The boy smiled brightly, motioning to the higher floors of the school behind them, "I had decathlon meeting today. I suppose you will too next week. Did you just finish detention?"

That she had. It was wonderful and something she'd never be caught dead in again. Of course she didn't actually say that...

"All done. Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow" Brook said, getting ready to go when she heard Peter's stammers start off again.

"I feel really bad that you served detention because of me" he said, and before Brook could assure him all was well, he added, "I always go to Delmar's after school, its a deli and grill place not too far from here. I could...I'll buy you a sandwich as thanks for what you did. It's the least I can do"

No one had ever offered to buy her food as thanks for anything. Of course kind Peter Parker would think he owed her such a favor, unknowing that Brooklyn was perhaps not to best company in the world. Maybe she should spare him that trouble.

Brook shook her head, "You don't owe me anything, Flash is a piece of shit, he deserved what he got and I served my punishment. No harm done"

The assassin couldn't even wrap her head around the situation, she was actually trying to spare someone's feelings....

Peter shook his head though, brown locks waving around wildly against the cold winds.

"You said you live alone right? Just let me make it up to you with a meal, that way you don't have to make anything. Plus you'll love Delmar's, its a great place!"

Brooklyn had also never gone anywhere with anyone, and being asked by a guy who genuinely wanted to right a wrong was by far one of the weirdest occurrences of her day. 

This wasn't a trap, Peter was harmless, likely more so than a fly. No problem there, since it was almost unlikely the sweet nerd was trying to kill her. Plus, he wasn't wrong, it was true Brook didn't know Queens well enough to find places to eat yet.