🕷 (36.5) The List

Doctor Steven Strange POV-

Master of the mystic arts...that's what he was now, an undeniable truth.

With such a title came some responsibilities, some more bothersome than others, but this one was not one suggested by the other masters around the globe....Strange had chosen to take this particular work project all on his own.

The doctor was currently working on a watch list of individuals who may be a threat to this world, not just from within it, but from other dimensions as well. His enhanced abilities allowed for him to be more aware of the vastness the multiverse, and after the near catastrophic events with Dormamu, Steven wanted to be better prepared for anything else that may cause harm.

Some names on the list required no magical sense to be included. A being such as Loki from Asgard, another previous visitor to Earth,  was an obvious name to add. 

Steven would have to deal with Loki soon enough of course...

For other beings that books did not contain or previous experience be made aware of, the doctor turned to the more magical means to find out what was out there. The magic was...not exactly straightforward most of the time, mostly whispers, like rumors flying along the wind.

In the time between his studies and his guardian duties for the New York Sanctum, Strange would spend quite a bit of his time figuring out these names and possible ways to defeat them. It helped that his companion, Wong, was quite familiar with many if not all texts available to them.

Things got a little more complicated when certain names came up, not of legendary beings of great power or creatures completely unknown...but just things that didn't make much sense.

Brooklyn Stark.

A peculiar name Strange had been certain he'd heard wrong at first, it had to be, the man had seen the news of the new heiress days ago but she was nothing more than a teenage girl.

The thing was, the doctor had an impeccable photographic memory, one that had allowed him to get his M.D. and Ph.D. at the same time. It was also the reason he'd managed to excel so quickly in the mystic arts. That meant, there was no mistake.

There it was, like a faint whisper, the name of that random girl with no further explanation as to why she was a threat. It was odd considering her dad was a well known superhero and gossip had been relatively positive on the girl after further research.

The magic did not specify if she had been a threat once, would be one in the future, or was one right now. The spells did not clarify how she would become trouble or even why.

So he went to her current location. San Francisco.

That hadn't turned up much information. 

After careful evaluation for a day, he realized she was a normal teen on an outing with her family, perfectly sane and normal. 

But Strange hadn't missed the way the Eye of Agamotto had glowed slightly in warning.

Even when he'd returned back to 177A Bleecker St. with nothing to make sense of his magic, he pocketed the information for a later time. 

Brooklyn Stark....he'd remember that name.