🕷(29) Football & Criminals

Brooklyn POV-

Game day was no joke at Midtown High. Far from it actually.

Peter had shown up at the door wearing a blue shirt and he was happily waving around a small plastic bag full of coins for the treats of the game later on. Even the usually quiet boy was blistering about his excitement, going as far as to say he was certain Brook would have a good time.

While Brooklyn had settled for a warmer set of clothes for the chilly day, she'd still worn a gold colored shirt and blue jeans, an outfit cleared by the group chat minutes ago. Tanya the fashionista had even suggested Brook wear high waisted jeans more often, saying they brought out her figure more.

Whatever that meant.

The only part of her outfit Brook had been proud of wearing was the hanging necklace of the Brooklyn bridge, even Peter and Harry had mentioned it was great.

Harry had been almost unrecognizable at the front gates. He was normally a boy who wore causal pants but impeccable and expensive shirts or sweaters. Today though, he'd rushed inside with the dirtiest football shirt Brook had ever seen.

The blue and yellow jersey was very much filled with dirt stains, but the words Midtown High and the number 45 were still visible. 

"It's my lucky number" Harry said as way of greeting, then threw an identical jersey her way, one that was thankfully not stained in the least. It even smelled like citrus detergent.

"I thought you were joking about me having to wear this" Brooklyn said, but still set her fixed backpack down, and took off her jacket to put it over her t-shirt. It was a little big on her, but the jacket she wore concealed it for the most part.

Peter had found it amusing at least, saying, "Harry takes football very seriously"

That he did. 

The whole walk had been spent explaining the sport's complexities to Brooklyn, even the old lady and grandchildren who always took their seats on the metro had some things to add on the subject. Soon enough, all the commuters near the teens had added their inputs on the various fouls and rules of the popular game.

They had even wished Harry good luck on his game when they reached their station.

Being at school was an even more chaotic scene than the ride.

Before classes could even begin, every student had gathered in the large football field out of their own volition, surrounding the team (to which Harry got dragged to) and showering them with cheers and some song about beating the enemy.

Someone had even brought a plush of the opposite team's mascot, a little wolverine with a green jersey. The football team had tossed it around carelessly until the first bell rang across the field, at which point Peter, Brook, MJ, Ned, and Tanya had made their way to their lockers and respective classes around hyped up students.

The amount of supportive posters and decorations around school were so grand that Brooklyn could've mistaken this day as some sort of holiday. Even the teachers showed their support with themed clothing and even wishing the players in each class good luck.

During passing period between classes, the hallways were like a sea of yellow and blue as every student showed their support by wearing the school's colors. With her morning outfit and Harry's jersey, Brooklyn surprisingly fit right in.