Part Four: Power

The joys of not being alone were like rays of sunshine against a cold body.

It was a constant comfort, something that one clings to.

It had been a good idea to leave the once empty home, let it expand.

There was nothing to fear, nothing that could not be fought as one, the friendship built was like impenetrable armor against the winds of the world.

But the fear had shifted from the outside world to within one's body.

The once faceless devil remained a constant shadow throughout the fear, but the fire inside was too grand, too wild to control.

A constant fear of burning the cozy little home was there, always fearful it would set aflame the wings of the angels she treasured, that it would make the constant shadow of the devil disappear.

What would you do when the heat inside the body becomes too much?

Shedding the new change of clothes was tempting at times.

But as the thousand inner voices screamed in fear, you can only try and continue to brave the world beyond.

Master the fire, find the hidden eyes, and try not to burn those that wronged you.

That is the new mission.

To save, to protect, and keep the small home from becoming nothing but ashes.

But if the call of the power is too much?