🕷(80) A Getaway to Wakanda

Brooklyn POV-

"Is this such a good idea with all thats happening?"

Dad smirked, "Just because an assassin sent you a friend request to go to war doesn't mean you have to put your life on hold. Besides, if Ivan tries to get to you, he won't be able to do it in Wakanda. That's the safest place you'll be"

She knew he was right, was aware Damian had already made up his mind and was on his way as well, with Jon tagging along as his guest. Though Harry had bailed last minute because of his duties as captain of the football team, Brooklyn suspected some of the other heirs she'd met during family day would be going.

A chance to make more friends, or so mom had said.

It just felt odd going away for a week, missing a week of school with her friends after they had just reunited. She knew they wouldn't be in trouble with Agent Claire on extreme vigilance, but the worry was there.

Yesterday, Brooklyn had decided that instead of taking Peter to Wakanda, she'd use her extra invite to take Yelena away for her safety. SHIELD wasn't happy, but Fury approved the leave only because Steve Rogers was joining them, not as an intentional bodyguard (he was not part of the 'Innovation for the future' experience). 

Steve had also chosen to bring Wanda so she could get to know the place as he took care of some business. Though Wanda and Steve were on house arrest, Fury had been able to get the leave approved under the excuse of them being bodyguards for the Ivan targeted girls.

That had surprisingly worked.

The three of them were already waiting out in the courtyard of the compound, luggage in hand. Brooklyn still hesitated at the entrance of the compound, looking back at her mom and dad, Harley standing between them.

She knew they would be safe too, that dad had some simple missions these next few days, and mom would be doing company work at the compound. Harley was in good hands too, Peter had sworn to look out for her little brother.

Maybe it was just the thought of going far away from them that worried Brooklyn, she cared about her family more than anything after all. If something were to happen to them while she was away...

"Just go have fun" mom sad, stepping forward to bring Brook into a tight hug, "This is a learning experience after all. The event is sort of like an internship, a way to establish connections with Wakanda and ensure the heirs of companies understand what kind of change they want to take part of, not profit, but something better for the world and those in need. Think of it as a mission, not a vacation"

That did make Brooklyn feel less guilty.

This was her first overseas job for the company, and Brooklyn would push all worries aside to make sure she could do it right.

That's when a peculiar jet landed on the front lawn. It looked nothing like Brooklyn had ever seen in SHIELD, rounder, somehow more agile. It touched down with little fuss, and when the back opened, a woman in traditional red attire came out, holding a spear of sorts, she even had intricate tattoos on her bald head.

It wasn't until Brooklyn hugged her parents and sibling one more time and joined the others that she realized that spear was made of pure vibranium, and that the dark skinned woman was nothing but strength and muscle, face passive as she made some sort of greeting with her arms crossed on her chest.