🕷(23) Peter Parker

Brooklyn POV-

Was it possible that her literature book could actually become less heavy as the days go by? Two days ago, it had become an uncomfortable weight by her side, but as Brook fetched her book today, it 's weight was a lessened and comforting.

The walk to school had also been rather pleasant as well, now that she thought about it. Harry had stopped by again, and despite the offer from his elderly driver, the trio took the metro again. 

Ironically, they had to give up their metro seats again, to the same old lady and two grandchildren.

This time Brook hadn't hesitated to stand and help the woman to the seat. Knowing such an encounter would likely repeat again tomorrow, the three teens promised to save her seats again from then on. The older lady had been so thankful, she promised to buy them a morning snack.

Now that Brook would get pastries from May and something else from this Nanna, she was considering skipping breakfast from now on. A silly thought she'd never considered possible days ago,, being fed by strangers out of the kindness of their hearts.

A body leaned on the locker next to hers, as soon as Brook caught sight of the curly brown hair, she looked up to greet her...friend.

"Good morning Brooklyn! How was your morning? Saw you walking in with Parker and Osborn again" Tanya said, nudging her head towards the lockers behind Brook's, where Peter and Ned were already immersed deep in conversation, likely about the lego set Peter had been ranting about during the morning walk.

"My morning was surprisingly pleasant. I rather enjoy their company, even if you don't seem to like Harry all that much" she replied, closing her locker and leaning against it.

Yes, Peter Parker was an interesting boy. He managed to make her forget about the events of yesterday as soon as he walked into her apartment with a bag full of warm pastries and an equally sunny smile.

When she beheld that the boy till wore the jacket she'd given him, it had made her quite pleased. Of course the jacket fit him better than it would for Brook, but knowing he would not feel as much of the chill of the morning was a reassuring thought.

Now, as he talked with Ned and Harry, that happy feeling returned. Perhaps it was because she was successfully keeping him safe from all dangers, so that he could remain his kind and happy self.

A hand was suddenly before her, waving itself up and down.

"Brooklyn? Earth to Brooklyn!" Tanya whispered, chuckling when Brook snapped back away from her thoughts. The brunette leaned on the locker before hers, obstructing the view of the guys who had become more than classmates.

"Sorry, I was lost in thought" Book apologized, sneaking a glare at the clock on the wall to see they still had quite a bit of time before the bell rang.

Tanya held that usual smirk, turning back to see the boys who were now waving their way, a rush of students like a river between them. Brooklyn simply waved back, while her friend did the same except for Harry. He got a middle finger from Tanya, which he gladly returned.

The assassin was about to make her way over when Tanya placed a delicate hand on her arm, halting her movements.

"Why were you staring that way?" Tanya asked, then she snuck a quick glance behind Brook while adding, "Oh I see!"