🕷(67) Who is Spider-man?

Brooklyn POV-

To say life had changed since that night at the school would be an understatement.

Not being grounded was a liberating feeling, even if the worries for everyone's safety remained. Brook had gotten yelled at by Pepper for a good hour or so the next day, and her sleep had often been plagued by the worry that Damian was killed by the Joker in one way or another.

She had no idea why it bothered her so much. 

Yes, she and Damian were friends and though she'd never say it to his face, he meant quite a lot to her. But the Wayne was safe at home, he always was.

Sometimes when the sheer panic of the night was too much, Brook took that prototype suit and flew all the way to Gotham like an idiot just to make sure he was alright. He always was, sleeping in bed with his two beasts posted as guards by his feet. The only thing those excursions  accomplished aside from calming her nerves, was that she felt like a disgusting stalker even when she only hovered by his home for a few seconds to remain undetected by the enhanced security.

Thankfully, her life had become all the busier with patrols these past few days, a way to work off the stress of her mind.

There was a certain good in going on patrols with Peter, having him show her the ropes of how to guard a city. It was like the work they had done before, only magnified and with set paths to protect. No longer were they waiting until trouble arose, now they searched for it.

Peter had been ecstatic to wear his suit again those first few evenings, and the citizens of Queens had welcomed their hero back with open arms.

They, along with the news, were curious of the new partner he often had at his side though. Brooklyn no longer had to hide behind a silver wig or an ensemble of darkness after all. But even with her red hair on display, no one seemed to even consider the possibility that the beautiful and fragile Brooklyn Stark could be fighting crime.

Brook had heard rumors of people thinking she was a new Avengers recruit, which was slightly true. Others thought she was part of the Justice League trainees that had been given free reign to help out the recently more troublesome city of Queens, especially when the police had claimed a bomb attempt at Midtown High.

With Bruce Wayne 'funding' the Batman, no one was surprised to see one of the bat's sidekicks running around the streets of Queens with a smaller Superman.

Either way, no matter what anyone said or though, it felt good to go around the city to help out as much as she could, enhancing her skills and experience should the Avengers need her help.

Turned out that making a prototype suit for herself had been quite a waste of time though.  A few days ago when Brook was starting to show good results on the field, dad's secret project he'd been hiding for weeks was finally revealed.

Turned out, that even when she hadn't even graduated from the SHIELD academy, Tony had been building a suit for Brooklyn, one he's designed for when she finally found herself and chose to become a hero of her own accord. He'd seen something in her then, potential or so he said.

That night at the school and the recent patrols with Peter had apparently been proof enough of Brook's worthiness that even though she was not an official Avenger yet (neither was Peter), she was still a hero in his eyes.

Dad knew he couldn't really stop her from getting into dangerous situations, but he'd expressed his want for Brook to at least be safer while doing so.