-Chapter 21- This Is My Dad

"Okay, now you can tell me, whats wrong." [Y/n] started, voice soft and comforting. She sat against the wall, legs crossed over one another. Shoto did the same keeping the girl at arms length.

"It was my dad." He confessed, not making eye contact with her.

"What did he do, now?" The girl questioned, with a sigh. Despite, only hearing stories of the hero, she was becoming to resent the man.

He took in a deep breath. "During the Calvary Battle, he saw that you were capable of outsmarting me and grabbing one of the headbands." He relayed, eyes closing. "He saw that there was someone stronger than his perfect weapon."

She frowned. "Hey, don't call yourself that. You're a human. Made of flesh, blood, and possibly sugar from how sweet you can be!" She added emphasis by gently pinching his cheek. This elated a small laugh from him as his cheeks turned slightly pink. "There's that smile I love!" She giggled, removing her fingers from his face.

She took his cold hand in hers giving him a gentle smile. "You shouldn't need to worry about what he thinks. Or what anyone thinks. Just be you."

A warm feeling suddenly spread throughout his chest. Then his arms. Then his head. Actually, his whole body felt like it was on fire.

"What is this?" Shoto quickly let go of [Y/n]'s hand, standing up while [Y/n] took her time in doing so, slightly disappointed the moment was interrupted.

"You must be Mr. Todoroki." She turned on her heel coming face to chest with a very tall and very muscular man. "It's a pleasure to finally be able to meet you, sir." Despite her polite words and sickly sweet smile her eyes told a different story. She stuck out her hand expecting him to shake the limb only for him to look at it with disgust. She lowered her hand to her side. "Not big on handshakes, I see."

Cold sharp turquoise eyes glared down at her. Not backing down the girl returned the glare, hair flaring and taking on a red color. "Looks like manners aren't a thing for you, huh?"

The man was visibly rustled by her statement as his flames on his face flared up.

And just like that, the two was within a silent contest. With a match of flaring hair and cold eyes. The air was becoming thicker by the second, making it almost impossible to breath. Especially, for the person watching it.

"[Y/n], don't." Shoto hand came to rest on your shoulder, feeling the far too heated skin. While, her confidence was something to acknowledge she didn't know when to back down from a challenge or a fight. No matter how big the threat was.

"Just because you passed a few rounds of child's play doesn't mean a thing." Endeavor sneered. "Once you face against Shoto, you'll fall apart." He warned, a malicious smile coming to his face.

"The day I lose to Shoto, is the day I'll start to enjoy being around you." She mocked, hand resting on her hip. The smile was gone in an instant as he growled at her.