-Chapter 23- The Spark in The Stars

"I'm so proud of you, Sho!" You squealed, hugging the bi-colored hair boy, nearly lifting him off the ground, completely ignoring the fact he only had half of his clothes remaining.

'So, strong.' Shoto thought.

Shoto himself was turning beet red as you hugged and complimented him. He shyly hugged back, almost unfamiliar with being hugged.

"Thank you...for believing in me." He whispered, enjoying the warm feeling.

Much to his dismay, you pulled away from him. "I'm sorry, that I got Strawberry involved." You apologized, almost sheepishly.

"It's fine. I'm glad you did get him involved. If you hadn't I don't think I would have listened." He confessed.

"Speaking of Strawberry, I'm going to go check up on him before my round starts." You went to walk past him. "Sho."

"Yes?"

She gave him a soft smile, that made his breath halt. "If I make it to the finals, don't try and hold back for me."

Peeking into the medical room you took notice of the boy, who had both his arms wrapped tightly in slings. His eyes were squeezed tight in pain as he laid in the bed unmoving. Your knuckles wrapped against the doorway, "How are you doing, Izu?"

His eyes fluttered open, instantly falling on your form. "[Y/n]-San..." He went to sit up only to stop, as a sharp pain went through his arm.

You placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, pushing him back down. "Don't try and push yourself, Strawberry. Just rest for now."

You gently held his hand mindful of the injuries it possessed. Large cuts lined them traveling up his arm to his shoulder. "You really did a number on yourself, Strawberry." His face fell into one of remorse.

"Recovery Girl said I shattered the bones in my right arm and it'll never be the same again. I'll be needing surgery to remove broken fragments as to avoid them staying in my joints." He grit his teeth together.

You took his hand, gently rubbing the marred skin. "At least you have an interesting story to tell." This received a quizzical look.

"What do you mean?"

You smiled, "Every scar tells a story. The ones now covering your arms will tell how you fought someone with two Quirks. Something that's reviewed as a gift in a sense and shows the strongest of them all. It'll come to tell you fought someone powerful and didn't back down even when it felt like a losing battle."

"[Y/n]-San..." The familiar waterworks began again, completely dousing you. "Your too nice!" 

"Can you stop all the tears?!"

His tears ran dry as he finally managed to form a sentence. "You know...I think you're going to be a great hero. Especially, for the younger audience."