-Chapter 11- Cracking

Ringing...

Beeping...

Poking...

Pricking...

Zapping...

A lot of zapping...

Was she being electrocuted? Why would she need to be electrocuted? Did she fall asleep near the TV again? No, she had a headache the night before so she missed her favorite show.

Maybe the twins made another 'creation' and were testing it out on her sleeping form. Closer, but then again she hid a lot of their experiments.

Wait...this wasn't her bed. It was too hard. And she didn't feel the warm fur of Hina against her face.

The smell of insulin hit her like a truck. A hospital. She was in a hospital. But why...oh, never mind. She remembered. She remembered well. A bit too well.

Beady-eyed mutated human staring her down. The smell of rotting flesh. Chemicals. The Nomu.

She didn't want to wake up yet. Not when she knows what was going to greet her on the other side. But at the same time she needed to explain.

Blinking a few times the girl eye struggled to adjust to the bright light of the hospital room.

Her only visible eye fell shut, "Ugh, so bright." She rasped, voice rough from disuse.

A stabbing pain suddenly shot through her arm, causing her to wince. Her whole body felt like it was on fire. It also felt as if a thousand needles stabbed through her skin all at once leaving her completely paralyzed from the pain.

In a panic her eyes roamed through the room in hopes of distracting herself from it. Instead, it made her heart stop.

The room was filled with flowers, balloons, and gift baskets filled with items of all kinds.

One in particular looking much fancier than the rest. By a lot. Purple ribbons with star and moon designs, a metal basket, and items much bigger than the basket itself.

She groaned, laying back down as her skin began to crack revealing a white glow beneath it all.

"It's good to see you alive." She looked over with her single good eye to see a man in a white lab coat. He had messy black hair, deep teal eyes, and grayish skin with light stubble. An unlit cigarette hung limp from his lips, "How are you feeling?"

Name: Daisuke

Age: 33

Quirk: Oracle

Extra fact: The Hoshi family private doctor and a very known smoker despite his profession

"My whole body feels like it's on fire." You croaked, burrowing your head into the pillow in an attempt to block out the buzzing in your ears.

The doctor pulled up a chair, sitting beside her bed. "This is the third time you've cut it with death kid. Though this time it wasn't your fault." He said, bluntly as he read from the clipboard in his hand. "Though like all the other times this has happened to you, you've pulled through it."

He took notice of her daze expression with a small smile. "Your classmates seem like good people. They were constantly coming to check up on you bringing you a bunch of stuff for the past few days. Especially, a girl named Yaoyorozu. If you want we can have someone send the stuff to your home."

You went to move only for the skin on your arm to crack till it traveled up your shoulder.

"Your skins cracking." He stated, brows knitting together as he watched the flare of light from inside it. "Hold still." He reached into his lab coat pulling out a syringe with a needle.

"Bring that near me and I'll burn you to a crisp." You warned, scooting as far away as possible only for the cracks to grow.

"Relax." He held the needle to the IV drip. "I'm going to put it into your IV bag. Stressing your already alerted body is not a good idea."

"Alerted..." You muttered, eyes beginning to droop as the injection began to do it's just.

"Calm down." He whispered, injecting the remaining amount into the bag. 'Why are your kids such a problem, Tsuki?'

Your sudden yawn brought him back to reality as you leaned back into the bed.

"I'll have a nurse send in your medication and lunch for the day. Also, you have a guest."

"Who is it?" You mumbled, dazed not even hearing the door open and shut or the footsteps that stopped at your face. "Heyyyyyy Kyo..."

"How are you feeling?" Kyoka questioned, taking your hand in hers. Despite her smile her eyes held unshed as she gritted her teeth to keep them at bay.

"Tired..." You muttered, closing your eyes.

"Your never going to be safe are you?" Kyoka whispered, tears sliding down her cheeks.

"I don't think so." You answered, as she brought her hand to your cheek.

"This is so stupid!" She shouted, face red in anger. "You can't ever have a break no matter what happens!"

"Please don't cry." You reached out fingers brushing away the tear streaks. "I know this isn't the ideal life for me, but it's better then Rose Petal."

"But in there you wouldn't be dead." She sobbed, holding your hand. "In there you just had to listen and then you would have a chance. Out here...you'll end up dead just by a look. I don't want to lose you..."

"You won't." You whispered, eyes falling shut. "One thing I know won't happen is me leaving you. Whether it's in life or death..."

(I like angst. Angst and cheesecake.)