-Chapter 26- Shy Guy

"This is it." You muttered, staring up at the agency with shiny eyes. In one hand your suitcase holding your hero costume. You wouldn't admit it out loud, but you felt excited, scared, and so many other emotions that words couldn't describe.

"Um, excuse me." A timid voice called out. You turned around meeting indigo eyes that didn't exactly meet yours. "What are you doing?"

You turned back to face the agency, "Building up courage." You answered, as the wind picked up to ruffle your curls before falling onto your shoulder.

He stood up straight at this, "A-Are you here to report a crime?"

"No. I'm here on an internship, but I'm not really sure if I know what I'm getting into." You admitted, still staring up at the building with a sour expression. "There's a chance that I could make my future here or jeopardize it all together. The idea of not being seen as a hero is very well a possibility. Not to mention an agency so well-known and worshiped likely has high expectations when it comes to those that step inside."

He could only stare at you continued on and on about the endless possibilities. Despite, the negatives flowing from your mouth he didn't want you to stop. Your voice was smooth and steady as you spoke of your possible demise through glossy lips. Not even seeming bothered about it all too much.

"Hey are you okay?" He snapped out of his daze, face flushing red at your close proximity. At some point while out of it you had gotten closer to him with a concerned expression crossing over you. "You've been standing still and staring for a while."

"I-I-" He stuttered, struggling to get the words out. "Y-Your too close!" He blurted out.

"Ah, my bad." You stepped back, allowing him room to breathe again. "I should get going. Thanks for letting me run your ear off." And just like that you had walked through the doors of the agency leaving him behind.

"Who was that..." He wondered, aloud eyes wide as traces of stardust was left behind. There was a constant pounding in his head that left him nauseated and flushed. "Wait, internship?"

"Ah, welcome to Fatgum Agency!" You looked up at the tall round figure with starry eyes and mouth slightly agape. "It's a pleasure to meet you Hoshi!"

"It's an honor to be here, Mister Fatgum." You bowed, long violet locks turning a pink shade. "Thank you for choosing me to intern under you."

"The pleasure is mine. It's not every day I get the opportunity to teach the future generations of heroes." He laughed, form shaking for the joyful laugh. "But you need to remember, Hoshi."

"Huh?"

"A heroes work isn't all fun and games and popularity. In truth it's a job that requires one to be able to make the right calls in dangerous situations. You will require to work with me and one other hero here at the agency to complete your internship. Can you do that?"