◍ VII. Los Cielos

// Miami, Florida

Entering the glass gates, Leo smiled seeing the well-kept resort of the Las Cielos group. Being the biggest resort in Miami was one reason why the tourists fled in and out of this place, the interiors were second. The golden chandelier in the middle-attracted attention. The bell boy bowed and greeted him as he pushed the luggage inside. He glanced at Cruz who looked busy on his work phone, talking to someone.

Leo would have generally informed the manager Stewart Rock about his arrival but making an unannounced presence usually caught his staff off-guard and he enjoyed seeing them flustered at his sight. Leo enjoyed that nervousness. He looked at the receptionist who was sweating profusely and a man and woman who were in a heated discussion with the staff. The lady slammed the desk and his steps paused.

"I would like to speak to your manager right this moment, or I sue this resort for this error you people made this instant."

The voice reached Leo who raised his brow immediately. The familiarity of the voice didn't shock him but the sternness did.

"Sue us?" He asked the woman who quickly turned to see him. Her jaws clenched as the expression of irritation crossed her face.

"S... Senór Cle...Clemente" the receptionist whose name was Hailey quivered, glancing at Arthur, the other male staff who visibly gulped.

"Senór Clemente, Good evening" He greeted him with nervousness cladding his tone, but managed to give out the practiced smile. "We weren't informed about your arrival, Senór Clemente"

The woman looked at the man standing beside her as a flicker of panic passed his face, he pushed his phone into her hand and she read something in it which wasn't good news.

"Look" She turned to Hailey who cringed at her voice "I need these rooms now." She pointed her finger at the desk and gave her the deadliest glare. "Karan make a call to Sakshi." The woman muttered to the boy Karan who nodded and walked to a corner doing what was told to him.

"Mam..."

Arthur didn't let Hailey start as he whispered something in her ears and her eyes widened in realization. "Mam please give us 20 minutes will try doing whatever we can, just 20 minutes." He begged her stealing a glance at Leo who looked at all of this.

"I don't have 20 minutes..."

Arthur ignored her.

"Senor Clemente, I'll ask Jacob to take you to your room." Arthur requested Leo and quickly tapped the bell where a hotel staff came.

"What's all this about?" Cruz asked and Arthur and Hailey exchanged glances.

"I'll tell you what's wrong," Karan announced his presence and Leo turned lightly towards him.

"This resort staff messed up bookings. Did not know the biggest name will be so unprofessional." He glared at Arthur who looked down.

"Messed up bookings?" Cruz asked and looked at Stewart Rock who was quickly walking toward Leonardo and Cruz.

"Senor Clemente, it's so good to see you. Senór Moretti." Stewart greeted Leo who paid no attention to him but to the lady in front, her right hand still red from the coffee spill earlier, her jacket nowhere in sight, her hair tossed up in a messy bun, her face devoid of make-up but Beautiful. Where did that come from?

"Mr. Rock, I feel your staff has messed things up for the lady and gentleman here," Cruz asked and Stewart frowned, looking at Arthur and Hailey he looked back at Aishwarya who had blank expressions on her face, and Karan who looked pissed.
Her eyes traveled to Stewart's badge and her eyes flashed with what could be termed raw fury.

Karan squeezed her shoulder seeing the volcano ready to burst when she angrily exhaled glaring at the pair of receptionists.