◍ XXII. Host

|LEONARDO CLEMENTE|

//Miami, Florida

Walking towards the podium and addressing the huge crowd was just a piece of cake to Leonardo, his steps defined, shoulders broad and a smirk playing on his lips. He ascended the stairs reached the stage and received the mic from the host, he nodded gratefully at the crowd for the warm welcome. Taking his place at the center of the stage he looked at the waiting crowd, their gaze attentive to him, on his every word and breath.

"I advance a very warm welcome to all on behalf of Los Cielos Group, the annual business conference...." Leo had every word in control, addressing the business world, telling the history of these conferences, informing the agenda of this year and also inviting them to the annual business Gala.

His speech took almost 18 minutes, noting the time from his watch he handed the stage back to host, standing at the side.

Leo glanced down, taking in the crowd, he could see the faces of his best friends at the far end, near the bar along with Aishwarya. He smiled as Aish and Delphi chatted animatedly. His gaze then drifted to the businessmen and their wives, some young entrepreneurs who made it to this conference and had their eyes observing every second .

His gaze finally set on the woman he planned to put in place. She was smiling, straightening herself as she knew what was coming now, her black strapless dress hugged like a second skin and that bastard had his hand around her waist, eyes checking out every other women.

He averted his gaze away from them, signaling the host to get going .

"Now it's time we unveil the face of Los Cielos Group, the brand ambassador for this year of this magnanimous resort chain all over the world. It is with great pleasure and zeal I invite..." The host exclaimed in the mic, getting a cheer from the crowd as they awaited.

His eyes were on her as she started walking towards the stage, a sway in her steps and confident smile.

He smirked "It's showtime, Miss Montiel."

The lights dimmed and a single spotlight fell on the entrance, doors opened and there stood the man of the moment .

"The heartthrob of a million girls, the rising Hollywood actor, Our very own Ron Vohra. Give out huge applause to this superstar."

The voice reached every ear in the hall, making Leo grimace as the lights were still dim and he couldn't make out her reactions. He wanted to witness her face, the very face which he loved, the very face which will be as pale as a paper sheet, kohled eyes wide in shock, and perfectly painted lips hanging open.

Why not?

He pulled the rug away from her feet, taking away the biggest achievement of her career which ofcourse was given to her because she happened to be his girlfriend, later his fiancée.

But now?

She was a mere nobody.

She might be a successful face in the industry but now that she broke up with him, she will get what she deserved, no Los Cielos in her belt .

Leo smirked as the man walked in, the spotlight following him. Pulling off his turtle neck grey sweater, maroon pants and Black blazer, His light brown eyes covered with black rimmed spectacles, and black hairs styled back, he walked in with strong strides, confidence oozing his frame.

The venue was enveloped in silence as the crowd drowned the view of this Hollywood actor who looked a walking dream.

The lights were back and Leo smirked as Ron joined him on the stage, both the men exchange a look and shook hands, Leo glanced at the crowd, the women had a dreamy expression, their jaws dropping and the men trying to straighten their shoulders, sipping drinks hiding their jealousy.