◍ XXXI. Waves

|LEONARDO CLEMENTE|

// Los Cielos Beach, Miami

Leonardo wondered how normal it looked, his eyes resting on her. He may glance around the circle of people, smiling, making eye-contact with several others but at last his eyes came back to her, founding hers or taking a content glance of her and then again wandering around .

It looked simple, wonted and habitual .

He ended the song resulting in claps and praises. He never sung, not when he was sitting in between of unknown people, Last he played the same instrument was Marc and Delphi's wedding, Though not a far fetched event but the audience was his people but today he couldn't say no, not when she looked so smug announcing the group his name .

He wanted to sigh, It was Another first.

Waving the thought away, He passed the instrument, offering a smile.

Yes, A smile. He seems to do that a lot nowadays, he did it back then but had it reserved for few people who mattered But this week he smiled for everyone, A small curve had become his favorite face lately.

Sobering back to the present, he let this thoughts take a pause when his gaze landed on her. She was staring at fire, her face contorting in mixed emotions.

"I'm not the only one with mind full of thoughts" he muttered to himself, tapping a finger on her shoulder but she did not budge, not even the slightest.

He tapped again this time his palm on her shoulder and she jolted out of whatever trance she was in. Her eyes widened and she quickly snapped her head to the other side. Surely Glaring at the waves.

"You okay ?" She looked back at him nodding, but avoided his eyes, For the second time of the day.

Shifting at her place, she pushed her palms back on sand, lifting herself up when her Ankle strained and she winced.

"What are you doing ?" Leo asked.

"Nothing...just want to go there" she pointed towards the waves.

"Sit where you are, Your ankle won't heal if you keep moving" he chided and she pouted.

"What has gotten into you ?" He asked incredulously.

"I want to go there" She said looking longingly at the waves crashing against the beach sand and rocks. "Help me" she demanded lifting herself again and he grabbed her shoulders to make her sit back.

"No, Just sit here" He said authoritatively but she scoffed .

"Help me or I'll-" She looked around resting her eyes on Another man. " ask Kabir" She challenged him, and he narrowed his eyes in slits .

"You're trying to..."

" Kab.." Leo muffled her voice in his palms, her eyes widened as she glared at him and he shushed her.

"I'll remove my hand and help you stand, But stop acting like a Spoilt Brat"

She tried speaking, her voice muffled against his palm. pushing his hand away from her face. "I'm not a spoilt Brat" she huffed angrily. "And Never do that again"

"We'll see, Señorita" He shrugged.

Aishwarya slapped his shoulder, and decided to get up, pushing all her weight on another ankle, He stood up immediately and supported her, his arm lifting her waist making her stand straight.

"Come" She pointed towards the waves and they walked towards the water. Leo could hear whistles from back but ignored it, he was sure Aishwarya rolled her eyes and muttered some alien words which he can never make out the meaning.