◍ XXVIII. Kiss

|AISHWARYA JOSHI|

//Metanoia, Miami

The heat was rising to her cheeks, she could imagine her face turning into a bright shade of shade or maybe the darkest, the blood rushing to her veins, she could feel it. The pounding of her heart was enough to make her believe that it'll jump out anytime now. Her fingers were curled around his hairs, the silky strands pushed between the gaps of fingers.

She was trying to pull him closer or was it another way round? She didn't mind either.

She felt his palms grabbing her skin, the thin sundress did no good to prevent the heat reach her skin. The goosebumps erupted on her skin beneath his palms, his one hand was still on her waist and the other traveled to her face, her cheek cupped and his thumb danced on her bottom lip as touched her lips with his again.

Was it because he wanted revenge for the words she said before? Or more like wanting to prove her words true?

The first one was nothing but touch, the Second was initiated by her, and she was left wanting more. She had pulled him to her and kissed him, no tongues rolling, fighting for dominance, or breaths mingling but a simple kiss.

But this, she could feel her earth-shattering as his thump nudged her lips to open, or was it her gasping feeling him squeeze her waist? He pulled her lower lip down before giving it a bite, she knew this is what the romance novels described. A kiss which the female protagonist shared with the lead male, his tongue barging her mouth, conquering. Touching every single corner of the mouth, tasting her, taking the dominance and forgetting the necessity to breathe.

His eyes shut and hers were no different, she had her fingers in his hair, caressing his silky strands, clutching his shirt collar, letting the crisp fabric be crushed. He held her so close, as if afraid to leave her as if she is his imagination Who'll be gone in a blink?

Just the way it is described in novels.

The characters are the people in love or they eventually had to fall for each other.

But these two weren't meant to, Leonardo Clemente and Aishwarya Joshi were just a part of the deal.

They met on Sunday, 5 days before. Had some arguments or more likely stood stubborn to their grounds. And then acted for the next few days till today. Holding hands, smiling at each other, acting jealous letting people envy them, blushing at compliments, weaving stories for people, introducing each other to friends, gathering the trust for the deal, A fake relationship.

Then, they came here where there was no limelight, no audience, or the woman they had pulled the whole act for. No one was the witness just them two, holding each other so close, kissing the breaths away.

What were they even doing? Isn't this just a deal?

Then, why does it feel more?

He was resting his head on her shoulder, his breath fanning her ears.

What was she supposed to say now? Or not say a word? Will it be awkward to break the silence?

"Uhh...we...Us" She stuttered unable to form her words. He stared straight into her eyes, his lips were swollen, and hers must have been looking the same, she was sure of it. It was one hell of a kiss.

"Shh. Words make moments blur" He whispered, leaning and taking the last touch of hers, and letting the distance take place again.

What was that? What does he mean? Does it mean more to him as well?