◍ XXVII. Football

|AISHWARYA JOSHI|

//Metanoia, Miami

Smiles, squeals, and happy shrieks.

All around, wherever she turned she could see the kids grinning in joy. Bouncing up and down with delight like little kangaroos, Aishwarya couldn't help but chuckle at their cute capers.

Hurling themselves towards the football, trying to snatch it from Leo, the little minions were doubling up in boisterous Laughter.

She tore her gaze away as she felt a tug at her dress and she looked down at a boy, The little face had pouted lips and rosy cheeks making him look adorable.

He tipped his chin towards the group complaining "They are winning"

Aish crouched at his level. 

"I know." She pouted sadly looking towards the ball which she couldn't touch once as Leo was playing gracefully and she played like a couch potato, huffing only after 10 minutes of the chase.

"Then do something?" he whined and she sighed.

"Come, Let's see how to defeat Leo the great?" She muttered the last part and joined the game back. She had already abandoned her footwear and was playing barefoot, she could feel the green grass caressing her feet.

Brainstorming on how to take possession of the ball, she tried to distract him from the game but failed.

She chased the ball, coming in front of him blocking his way, and gesturing towards the curious faces of her team, silently telling him to let her have the ball. He cocked a brow with a smirk, shaking his head in negation. She again puckered her lower lip, slanting her head to the right and batting her lashes in request and he shook his head in defeat, passing her the ball and she beamed in happiness, quickly kicking the ball to another side
She ran behind the grid sphere, taking gulps of breath and finally seeing the little girl guiding the goalpost, she winked at the girl who stood alert seeing her approaching she immediately kicked the ball hard, losing the balance on her foot and landing on the grass.

The ball flew past the little girl who reeled from the after-effects of Aishwarya's fall, not attentive as the ball crossed the brick mark. The little munchkins shrieked in happiness, forgetting Aish who was still on the ground, yelping as she tried to get up.

Aishwarya winced as her ankle ached, making it difficult for her to get up, she looked up to see Mariam rushing towards her.

She crouched down near her.

"You okay, my child ?" The middle-aged lady asked, concern dripping from her voice.

Aishwarya smiles embarrassedly "Yeah, Just old clumsy Me". She placed her palm on the earth, pushing her weight to the hand she tries to get up. Her ankle contorted in pain, which directly reflected on her face.

"This looks bad" She heard the lady mutter but somehow balanced herself to half stand on her other leg and hand as she held Mariam's arm for support.

She couldn't deny it, It felt bad to her as well. Even taking a few steps toward the nearby bench felt like the most excruciating walk.

"Let me call Leo, you need to see a doctor for this" Mariam said turning to a side, searching for the said man, She frowned not finding him in the previous direction.

"No I'm fine" Aishwarya assured, trying to end her search for him "Just if you can get me a pain relief or something, It's just a sprain"

"No, you look in pain, Give me a minute he'll be here and you both can be off to the hospital," She said, fishing her phone from her dress pocket.

"Mariam I'm fine" Aishwarya stated making the old woman still look unsure "I am" she assured again to make her believe.

She sighed "Okay, I take your word. Just don't get up from here, I'll quickly fetch the spray for you"
Aishwarya nodded. She glanced around, the children were still madly kicking and chasing the ball but her man was nowhere in sight.