◍ XIII. Risk

//Restaurant Cocila, Miami

The sunlight paving its way from the glass window, spreading on the white table, the plants reflecting their shadow on the placed menu cards, settling herself on the blue cushioned chairs, Aishwarya glanced outside. The lush green garden, the white rose plants blooming, dancing in the bright afternoon sun, the shrubs oscillating with every breeze.

Glancing at the man sitting in front of her, reading through the menu, she bit her lower lip. The last few minutes coming back to her, his words though fake did stir something, his raging eyes when she pulled the stunt, did show some amount of care, Aish mused, poking her tongue in her cheek she kept scrutinizing him.

"Order a microscope, you'll get a more detailed look." The voice broke her haze, snapping her back to the present. Leo voiced out, looking up at her, His eyes irked.

"Yes! A very nice idea" She exclaimed, "Is it on the menu?" Aish cocked an eyebrow, innocently asking him while checking in the card "Why can't I see it?" She pouted.

"You think it's funny?"Leo glared, gritting his teeth, stopping himself to rebuke her, Seeing him controlling his words, Aish bit a smile. Riling Leo could be fun.

"I think...it is not funny, It is hilarious." Aish tapped her chin, laughing.  She could imagine the steam leaving his ears and nose which made her cackle more.

"You're so near to crossing your limits, miss Joshi," Leo warned her, and Aish nodded faking to understand whatever he said.

"Is it? Then I might experience what's to be on the other side?" Aish said curiously, making him mumble something too hard to catch.

"You'll regret every word you say, Miss Joshi," His clipped tone and darkened eyes could have burned the human to ashes.

Don't worry Aish, He'll do nothing to you.

Aish heaved an inaudible breath, motivating herself to ignore his deathly glares, smiling at him again, "I hardly regret my words, Leonardo,"

Another glare to her, and she turned towards the side, dodging it successfully. Her sight landed on their server, dressed in black trousers and a white shirt, buttoned till the up.

"May I have the order cutie?" The waitress who introduced herself as Poppy winked at Aish.

Leo scoffed hearing the endearment.
Her black curls bounced on her shoulder and forehead, A beautiful smile passed on her face which was genuine for sure, Aish returned her smile.

Leo cleared his throat to order but Aish beat him to it.

"Poppy, Please get me the best Veg dish from here," Aish insisted, making Poppy nod "I'm in a mood to risk my lunch." She added with an amused smile.

"I can tell" Poppy quipped with a chuckle, sobering she turned to Leo who sat there with his ever-present poker face. "What would you like, sir ?"

Leo opened his mouth but Aish was in a mood to piss him off.