◍ XXV. Burst

|AISHWARYA JOSHI|

//Zhee - Miami, Florida

Aishwarya swayed her head as the beats traveled to her ears, she pushed her hair strands back and turned towards Miami street, This place was always busy, be it any time of the day, she could point out People, walking in and out of hotels, shops or offices. Though It's said New York never sleeps but Miami, It is almost the same, It never halts. The sky scrappers, boutique shops, beach-facing resorts, and restaurants with the best cuisine, are all flocked with tourists and vacationers.

Just like them.

They have been on these streets for the past 4 hours, walking from one shop to another, window shopping. Delphi being high on energy dragged Aishwarya to famous shopping locations in this city, She remembered the route like the back of her hand, taking her from store to store, greeting some known faces, smiling at strangers, and skipping steps in zest.

"Tired?" Aishwarya asked Delphi, as she strolled near the couch.

"Nah," She declined "I just hate being in office when on official leave."

Aishwarya shrugged a shoulder. "I mostly work on trips."

"Don't wanna know that feeling."

Aishwarya chuckled.

"It'll take a few more minutes" she informed dejectedly.

Aishwarya nodded in understanding "I'm fine here"

"But I'm not, I would rather grab an ice cream rather be here, working." She huffed "I'm on a vacation and these people had to call me. This is not my branch as well and they want me to resolve a client issue here? It is inhuman." She complained pointing her finger towards the floor and Aishwarya bit a smile back.

"One should experience it all," Aishwarya said and Delphi rolled her eyes. Pocketing her phone, she picked up the magazine, smiling and seeing the cover page, the model wearing one of her pieces.

Aishwarya observed her change in mood and glanced at the cover page, A beautiful choker adorned the model's neck, and the close-up shot of jewelry screamed its beauty and detail.

"This is beautiful," Aishwarya said admiringly, her fingers caressing the front page.

"It's gold embedded pearl choker" Delphi informed and Aish nodded at her.

"Mrs. Wellington" A young girl called out to Delphi, she rolled her eyes discreetly.

"I'll try and come back soon." She muttered

"Do your best." Aish giggled and Delphi shook her head.

Aishwarya turned a few magazine pages when her eyes traveled to her ringing phone, She looked surprised seeing 'Aai' flashing on her screen.

"Why are you not sleeping today?" She answered and heard her mother scoff.

"Nice way to greet your Aai" She spat out and Aishwarya licked her lower gums.

"Aai, It's way past your sleeping time, I'm just worried."

"So worried that you call me every single day and have filled my phone memory sending your pictures."

Aishwarya closed her eyes at the sarcastic jab her mother took.

"आई, मला माफ करा मी यावेळी वचन दिलेली चित्रे सामायिक करीन (Mom, I'm sorry, This time I'll share all the pictures, I promise.)" Aishwarya pinched her throat, making a promise.