◍ XLIV. Moon

//Shah Hotels, Mumbai

The sun was gone, the darkness had made the glimmering fairy lights illuminate the whole garden, casting the golden glow on glass lanterns hanging down the trees. The light reflecting right through the eyes of the man. Her eyes took a double take on the person who saved her from the slip, The hazel eyes stared right through her, not letting her look away.

The crowd was long forgotten, the light music, cheers, squeals and a stream of congratulatory words uttered by them were the faded notes in background. What Aishwarya could ear was their breaths and her raging heartbeat.

The flowers hanged in glass bottles have casted their fragrance in the atmosphere but Aishwarya's senses were clouded with a very strong familiar scent, a scent she have been trying to sleep off in past two weeks. It was him, his scent she had yearned to feel closer.

"Senorita Joshi"

Her ears perked at the voice, surprise and heart beat blaring. Her eyes widened, lips parted "You...here ?"

He hummed, his arms still securing her waist. She blinked a few times before realizing he was there for Real . Her heart soared with happiness, she tried stepping back but he yanked her closer. In reflex she placed her palms on his shoulder.

"Not letting you go this time" He shook his head in a gesture.

"Leo" She called and he smirked humming again.

"So" He started "Who was saving you from tripping for last two weeks ?" Leo raised a brow.

She feared the stuttering mess she was becoming, she didn't let her eyes tear up but she could feel them moisten. She felt a strong sense of happiness feeling her veins. But she has to answer and she can't be stammering. She gulped, strengthen herself before she let the words out.

"None, I was handling Just fine" Aishwarya let her lips turn upward.

"I can see that" He smiled mischievously and she bit back the smile.

"What are you doing here ?" She asked "Don't you have work keeping you busy that you couldn't reply to any of my texts" She could feel the bubbles of anger, she wouldn't let him get to her so quick. She'll give him a hard time.

"My work is here, near you. Keeping me hooked for every second" He caressed her cheeks and she leaned in his touch. Her body leaving control as his arms kept pulling them closer.

"What do you mean ?" She whispered the question averting her eyes to look behind him, checking for audience but found none as they stood at the far end of the backyard, almost covered by the trees.

"It means that a certain someone is ruling my heart and mind every second, she have casted a spell on me with her personality. She is my Moon, she has her flows but she shines the brightest in the sky" He said looking straight in her eyes. "She is a girl with Deep blue eyes. Messy, untamed brown hairs" He touched her locks which flew past her waist and she wanted to scoff. "She is a clumsy Little Miss, who is patient but turns to a tigress when poked. She has a stunning face and Mesmerizing scent."