◍ Prologue

|AUTHOR|

|AUTHOR|

// Seville, Spain

The bells chimed, announcing her arrival. Ramona turned and glanced at the comfy café with brown brick wallpaper and a counter in front, decorated with all the sweets and confectioneries on display. She walked towards the faraway table at the corner, sliding into plush cushioned chairs she placed her mobile phone near her purse. Taking a few deep breaths, she calmed her nerves.

"You can't back down Mona, you have this last chance today." She muttered under her breath as the bells chimed again, and somewhere she knew who had just entered the place. She again took a deep breath, pulling herself together.

She gave a nod to this man who oozed power and command, making this small but spacious café more compact. The heads turn towards him, cladded in a white button-down and charcoal trousers, His Italian black shoes clinking with the tiles made her stand up from her seat. She glanced at her phone which said 10 AM sharp.

"You always surprise me with your punctuality, Leonard," Ramona says, giving him a half-smile. He smirked down at her, taking her appearance, she looked her polished self as always, flaunting a Light pink halter neck A-line dress supported by strings on her back, paired with a diamond choker and hair tied in a bun with a few ringlets of her black hairs snapping her face.

"You know my motto, Mona, Better never than late" Leo pushed his black hair back, taking his place in front of her, giving her a swoon-worthy smile but Ramona looked away and signaled the waitress.

"You look as beautiful as I last saw you, mi próxima esposa." (My soon-to-be wife) Ramona gave a small smile but didn't look up at him.

Leo frowned at the woman in front.

She kept her gaze either on her phone, dodging his eyes. Her hands fidgeting nervously with the menu, not once did she look him right in his eye, His eyes moved to her ring finger which was empty for a change.

"Where is your ring? Did you misplace it? Is this the reason you called me here?" He asked her, making her hide her hand with another one.

"Huh-no I-I..." Ramona looked up

"I expect an answer mi próxima esposa. Why are we meeting here?" Leo stated sternly to which she sipped her water.

"I...I want to call it to quit Leonardo" Ramona said in a single breath.
Leo frowned at the woman.

"What? It's no April fool, Ramona, I don't appreciate these pranks" Leo gathered his phone, pulled out his wallet, and placed the bills on the table.

"April fool? No!" Ramona panicked "This is no prank Leo, I'm not lying, I want to break it off with you. I wish to break this engagement."

"You have lost it, Ramona, the wedding is so near and you want to call it to quit?" Leo whispered-yelled to her, His eyes spit fire.

"Our supposed wedding is still months away, Leo." Ramona rolled her eyes. "I'm not happy with this wedding, I'm not happy with all this, so I want out," Ramona said looking away at the people who started whispering and looking at them.