◍ XXXVII. Carnations

|AISHWARYA JOSHI|

// Penthouse suite : Los Cielos Resort. Miami, FL

Hungover wasn't just the headache, No. It was the thump dancing of Chimpanzees all over your head, But only when you drink little tequila. BUT, when you go on and on with a punch you deemed to be Non-alcoholic and gulp glasses after glasses without a care in world, It is the whole jungle invited by the chimp community learning tap dance with a DJ who knows nothing about how to control the high Base.

Aishwarya groaned in her bed, she could feel them jumping up and down, up and down every passing second. She was thankful for Sakshi to keep the lights off, suffering this tap dance was enough, the light show would have seriously killed her.

Her ears felt sensitive to every sound, For a second she might have considered the chances of her suffering from Tinnitus. The voice maximizing ten times.

Ahh! What has she got herself into ? She thought, because speaking was out of scene.

She turned to nuzzle her white fluffy pillow she had on her bed but halted halfway, Why does this smells different ? A whole lot of different. Her closed eyes widened. It was spicey....manly.

She would have shot up and out of bed if the chimps wouldn't had their party still going on. She slowly, limped up and leaned against the headrest.

She teared open her eyes to look around, the strong cologne making her nauseous, all because she was drunk out of her mind, not because of the scent, it was intoxicating and Rich. It was pitch dark with sunlight playing peek a boo behind the curtains. She picked a pillow to cover the lights when suddenly another light was switched on, she wanted scream bloody murder but screaming will hurt again.

Hiding her face behind the same fluff she groaned and her eyes registered the color, it was navy blue.

But her room is Cream and Orange.

Who played interior-interior in middle of night ?

"This is what you get when you go crazy drunk" She heard a very familiar voice, the person was kind enough to talk in soft murmur but still her head hurt.

She removed the pillow, now that her eyes were comfortable with the lights, she might even put a face to the voice.

"Your med is on your right, take them and sleep for another hour or two" He instructed and Aish kept staring at him. She is hallucinating.

"Le-o..." She mumbled without a voice and he chuckled silently.

"You'll have ample time later to ogle me Querida, Right now you need them" he nodded towards her bedside table, Now that her eyes registered the sight, they widened in horror, 1st the pillow, then him and Now the room .

Her face would have contorted in naked fear and panic that he immediately walked beside her, rubbing her hairs away from her face "Calm all your horses" he explained passing the medicines to her palm "You're in my place. Just take meds and sleep some more"

Shaking her head worsened her headache and open eyes felt like a nightmare so she just gulped the contents and settled back on bed, Wishing all of this was just a mere dream, she'll wake up and all of this will be choomantar (vanish) .