◍ XIV. Drive

//Meal Place, Miami

//Meal Place, Miami

Leo looked down, his phone vibrating again, whole meal the device kept chiming, notifying him of every update his team was doing, every single damn thing.

You can't complain, Leo, it was your instructions. The people are merely following it.

Making arrangements for the last moment change was always difficult, the events were rescheduled, some got canceled, few more were added. His team of planners had to rework the whole arrangement for one event, which was a first this year, His brainchild which decided to make an appearance just 2 days before D-Day.

Was he regretting it? Hell no.
He was never felt so ready for a last minute change but this time, he was in for risks .

Was he nervous? Hell yes! but ain't it all about risks?

Risks? The woman in front of him was a walking risk package and him to deal with her has to put his everything and have to make sure he comes out as the winner .

He looked up at her, her blue eyes focused on her cake, lips wrapping around the spoon, a smile of ecstasy playing on them with each bite, Her once frizzy hairs now looked beautiful. The brown locks freely framing her face, the curls bouncing on her shoulder and few strands disturbing her, His fingers aching to push it back.

Leo fisted his fingers, what is he thinking?
The last meeting definitely messed his mind, Well the events following it were no where less than maddening.

The women around him were hell-bent to rile him up and he had no say, no choice but to endeavor it, giving his ever helpful poker face and keeping his lips shut he was able to get through it. But the fact which was nagging at him was Ramona Montiel arriving here, he planned a better encounter for her and Aishwarya but now that the deed is done, his mind was going in overdrive, to let the change fit and them to clash again, in the welcome party.

Party? Oh No .

He needs to brief her about it, Gesturing for the bill.

"Aishwarya" He called her and she looked back at him from the window, the small teasing smile still there on her lips.

He would be damned if he agreed that he was worried for her.
Were you not ?
His subconscious asked and he subsided the urge to scoff at his own self .

"What ?" She asked, her blue eyes dancing in amusement, "You saying something? Wanna have another piece of cake? "

"This." he waved his hand in the air "your comments, Make us go off track from the conversation." his eyes accusing her of making him forget the important conversations.

"I have that effect on people." She said haughtily "People forget everything after looking at me, and you here," she pointed "are having lunch with me" .