◍ II. Familia

// Seville, Spain

// Seville, Spain

It was almost evening, the bright sunlight is taken over by an orange-ish glow, the clouds moving alongside the black Bentley which ran through the countryside of Seville, passing the greenery and cottages. The driver glanced at the rearview mirror to check for the cars at the rear end, noting the presence of none, Leonardo accelerated his black beauty towards the never-ending trees lines and took one final turn to the left, accelerating to climb the slope and reaching the most beautiful and extravagant villa in the locality.

The watchman quickly operated the gates, letting Leo inside, He applied the brakes reached the staircase tossing his keys to the waiting butler, he ascended the stairs walking towards the main gates, He turned to look at the trees his parents planted near the entrance, smiling to himself he walked up and raised his hands but shook his head as the gates were pulled open, revealing his mother standing the other side frowning at him.

"Madre" He greeted the woman kissing her frown which melted immediately "Why this frown?" He asked.

The middle-aged woman smiled at him, shaking her head negatively. "How did you know it's me?" Leo raised his brows towards her, walking inside he reached the living room and turned to look at her.

"You said you'll be here at 6:30" She pointed to the wall clock "It's 6:30 Mi giglio" Leo nodded at her with a sheepish smile.

Turning back to the empty living room he gestured "Why is this place so empty, madre?" Leo looked at his mother who took the couch near the fireplace.

"Wait a minute and you won't be asking the question again?" Elisa smiled at him, gesturing him to take the place near her." Sit here tesoro".

"Perché qualcuno non mi ha informato che mio nipote è qui? " (Why didn't someone inform me that my grandson is here?) A woman shouted at the top of her lungs and walked out of her room from the far end of the hallway, balancing a furry white cat in her arms, dressed in a light red frock with a hat, her flip-flops stuttering on the floor as she walked quickly towards Leo and engulfed him in her arms.

"I guess it's time we fire all these lazy bunches of culos. They don't keep me updated about this house" Trista scoffed and glared at the maid who shivered from her glare, she placed the water shakily and ran away from his grandmother's sight.

Leo bit back the smile and leaned down to kiss his grandmother. "How are you hermosa?" He winked at the old lady who shrugged his hands off her arms and pushed the white cat in Leo's hands.

"Talk to Liz, Tu hijo ingrato" (You Ungrateful Child) Grandma Trista walked and sat on her favorite single white sofa, Leo turned to look at his mother who bit back a smile and shrugged, he placed Liz on the carpet gently, not to harm Trista Clemente's favorite pet.

He slowly took steps towards her, slipping his hand in his coat pocket and pulling out a white daisy, stretching it to her. "Won't my nana accept this beautiful flower from her handsome grandson?" He sat on the arm of the sofa and tucked the flower in her hat to which she smiled.

"Muy malo, you know how to convince me hijo" She kissed his knuckles.